[SOLVED] Suspend only working from tty not running XOrg
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r4
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 11:38 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] Suspend only working from tty not running XOrg Reply with quote

So my problem is: When trying to suspend my laptop (Dell Inspiron 7577 if it matters) from a plain tty, everything works as expected and the session resumes just fine. Even when I have an XOrg session running but suspend the system from a different tty, it still works just fine, including the XOrg session when switching back to its tty. However, when I try to suspend from the tty with XOrg running in it, the X server freezes completely after resuming and I can do nothing except a hard shutdown.

I am running openrc with elogind; both of the programs and the kernel should be configured correctly according to the Gentoo Wiki. The relevant dmesg log didn't yield any error messages at all regarding power management. Although my laptop has an NVIDIA GPU (which is known for causing problems), this issue still appears when using the integrated Intel GPU.

I would really appreciate any help or resource on getting suspend working from my XOrg session.
Thanks in Advance!

EDIT: SOLVED:
The problem was that despite using Intel graphics, I still had my NVIDIA drivers loaded for some reason. After completely unloading the NVIDIA drivers, suspend seems to work fine on Intel graphics.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: