Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abdus
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zucca wrote:
I remember having this same issue on some Fedora or CentOS install. If you logged in to wayland session the login manager would still stay at tty7 (because it's inside X session) and wayland session would open on tty8.

So it might be possible that you see gdm login screen on tty7. Can you interact with it? Try to type your username there and move the cursor. I wonder if something triggers and starts gdm as soon as you change your vt to tty7...

for the answer of your questions when i switch to tty7 which is not the one that i get by default when i wanna login to gdm i get the list of the users and i can login like i am using a normal tty with gui. for the issue of having multiple gui ttys, is that something normal? and does it require more performance? if it does not require more performance then i will not worry anymore about it. and i think i can assume that after wayland have become implemented more and more it is possible that my case is not abnormal. thank you for your help
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: