upgrade to python 3 issues
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
queen
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:09 pm    Post subject: upgrade to python 3 issues Reply with quote

Hello

I am trying to upgrade python according to the instructions https://www.gentoo.org/support/news-items/2020-04-22-python3-7.html but I have some issues that I can't resolve right now. I still have python 2.7 too.

Here are few configurations that I have:
Code:

[U]  dev-lang/python
     Available versions: 
     (2.7)  2.7.18
     (3.6)  3.6.10-r2(3.6/3.6m)^t 3.6.11-r1(3.6/3.6m)^t
     (3.7)  3.7.7-r2(3.7/3.7m)^t 3.7.8-r1(3.7/3.7m)^t
     (3.8)  3.8.2-r2^t 3.8.3-r1^t
     (3.9)  ~3.9.0_beta3^t ~3.9.0_beta4^t
       {-berkdb bluetooth build examples gdbm hardened ipv6 libressl +ncurses +readline sqlite +ssl test +threads tk +wide-unicode wininst +xml ELIBC="uclibc"}
     Installed versions:  2.7.17(2.7)(20:21:15 12/21/19)(bluetooth gdbm ipv6 ncurses readline sqlite ssl threads wide-unicode xml -berkdb -build -doc -examples -hardened -libressl -tk -wininst ELIBC="-uclibc") 3.6.11-r1(3.6/3.6m)^t(00:00:55 07/11/20)(bluetooth gdbm ipv6 ncurses readline sqlite ssl threads xml -build -examples -hardened -libressl -test -tk -wininst) 3.7.8-r1(3.7/3.7m)^t(23:26:38 07/10/20)(bluetooth gdbm ipv6 ncurses readline sqlite ssl xml -build -examples -hardened -libressl -test -tk -wininst) 3.8.3-r1(3.8)^t(23:21:37 07/10/20)(bluetooth gdbm ipv6 ncurses readline sqlite ssl xml -build -examples -hardened -libressl -test -tk -wininst)

emerge -p --update --newuse --deep --with-bdeps=y @world

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!

!!! The ebuild selected to satisfy "sys-auth/polkit" has unmet requirements.
- sys-auth/polkit-0.116-r1::gentoo USE="consolekit elogind gtk introspection kde nls pam -examples -jit (-selinux) -systemd -test" ABI_X86="(64)"

The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
exactly-one-of ( consolekit elogind systemd )

(dependency required by "sys-auth/elogind-243.7::gentoo[policykit]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "sys-apps/dbus-1.12.18::gentoo[elogind]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "net-wireless/bluez-5.54::gentoo[-systemd]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-lang/python-3.7.8-r1::gentoo[bluetooth]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-libs/libxml2-2.9.9-r3::gentoo[python_targets_python3_7,python]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "sys-devel/gettext-0.20.1::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "sys-apps/texinfo-6.7::gentoo[nls]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "sys-libs/gpm-1.20.7-r2::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "sys-libs/ncurses-6.2-r1::gentoo[gpm]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "sys-libs/readline-7.0_p5-r1::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "sys-libs/gdbm-1.13-r2::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "dev-lang/perl-5.30.3::gentoo[gdbm]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "sys-kernel/linux-headers-5.4-r1::gentoo" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-libs/libbsd-0.10.0::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "x11-libs/libICE-1.0.10::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "x11-libs/libSM-1.2.3::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "x11-libs/libXt-1.2.0::gentoo" [installed])
[/code]

I don't have
Code:
  PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_7"
    PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_7"
in any place.

First, can I get rid safely from python 2.7? There are many packages that still depend on it. Like
app-crypt/gcr-3.28.1 (>=dev-lang/python-2.7.5-r2:2.7) and many others (most of them have dependency of 2.7, python 3.6 and 3.7 all together).

I also tried to run
Code:
 emerge --depclean
but I get the following error:
Code:

* Always study the list of packages to be cleaned for any obvious
 * mistakes. Packages that are part of the world set will always
 * be kept.  They can be manually added to this set with
 * `emerge --noreplace <atom>`.  Packages that are listed in
 * package.provided (see portage(5)) will be removed by
 * depclean, even if they are part of the world set.
 * As a safety measure, depclean will not remove any packages
 * unless *all* required dependencies have been resolved.  As a
 * consequence of this, it often becomes necessary to run
 * `emerge --update --newuse --deep @world` prior to depclean.

* Dependencies could not be completely resolved due to
 * the following required packages not being installed:
 *   >=dev-python/setuptools-42.0.2[python_targets_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_pypy3(-),-python_single_target_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_python3_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_8(-)] pulled in by:
 *     app-portage/gemato-14.3
 *   dev-libs/icu:0/64.2=[abi_x86_64(-)] pulled in by:
 *     dev-db/sqlite-3.30.1
 *   >=dev-python/setuptools-42.0.2[python_targets_python2_7(-),python_targets_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_python3_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_8(-),-python_single_target_python3_9(-)] pulled in by:
 *     dev-python/incremental-17.5.0
 *   >=dev-python/setuptools-42.0.2[python_targets_python2_7(-),python_targets_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_pypy3(-),-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_python3_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_8(-),-python_single_target_python3_9(-)] pulled in by:
 *     dev-python/m2r-0.2.1
 *   >=dev-python/setuptools-42.0.2[python_targets_python2_7(-),python_targets_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_pypy3(-),-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_python3_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_8(-),-python_single_target_python3_9(-)] pulled in by:
 *     dev-python/chardet-3.0.4
 * Have you forgotten to do a complete update prior to depclean? The
 * most comprehensive command for this purpose is as follows:
 *   emerge --update --newuse --deep --with-bdeps=y @world
 * Note that the --with-bdeps=y option is not required in many
 * situations. Refer to the emerge manual page (run `man emerge`)
 * for more information about --with-bdeps.
 * Also, note that it may be necessary to manually uninstall
 * packages that no longer exist in the repository, since it may not
 * be possible to satisfy their dependencies.

I am not sure how to proceed from here. The error for
Code:

emerge -p --update --newuse --deep --with-bdeps=y @world
is posted above.

It's like catch 22. :D

Queen
GDH-gentoo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: upgrade to python 3 issues Reply with quote

queen wrote:
Code:
- sys-auth/polkit-0.116-r1::gentoo USE="consolekit elogind gtk introspection kde nls pam -examples -jit (-selinux) -systemd -test" ABI_X86="(64)"

Is this the only problem you are having? This has nothing to do with Python: you can't have both the elogind and consolekit USE flags set. Unset one of them. If you are using a desktop profile, you should unset consolekit, unless you have explicitly set it for a reason. If you have, please explain.

queen wrote:
First, can I get rid safely from python 2.7? There are many packages that still depend on it. Like
app-crypt/gcr-3.28.1 (>=dev-lang/python-2.7.5-r2:2.7) and many others (most of them have dependency of 2.7, python 3.6 and 3.7 all together).

I also tried to run
Code:
 emerge --depclean
Retry after the emerge --update --newuse command has been successful.
ct85711
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so it is pointed out, you are still fine on having 2.7 with 3.x installed at the same time; so having python-2.7 isn't an issue on that part. As far as removing 2.7, it depends on what packages you have installed. It is possible to remove python-2.7, but need to go through what depends on it and remove/update/replace them so they don't have that dependency. It could very well be as simple of updating a USE flag or in case of like firefox using the -bin version.
queen
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: upgrade to python 3 issues Reply with quote

GDH-gentoo wrote:
queen wrote:
Code:

Is this the only problem you are having? This has nothing to do with Python: you can't have both the elogind and consolekit USE flags set. Unset one of them. If you are using a desktop profile, you should unset consolekit, unless you have explicitly set it for a reason. If you have, please explain.

queen wrote:

I also tried to run
Code:
 emerge --depclean
Retry after the emerge --update --newuse command has been successful.

I didn't deal yet with consolekit. I wanted to take care of that after I finish with the python upgrade. Now I notice that both of them are set. I will unset consolekit and reboot. Yes, I have a desktop profile
queen
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disabled consolekit and enabled elogind both in make.conf and in package.use.

Now I try to
Code:

emerge  --changed-use --deep @world

emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "~dev-qt/qtcore-5.13.2".
(dependency required by "dev-qt/linguist-tools-5.13.2::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "kde-frameworks/kwindowsystem-5.64.0::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "kde-plasma/polkit-kde-agent-5.16.5::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "sys-auth/polkit-0.116-r1::gentoo[kde]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "sys-auth/elogind-243.7::gentoo[policykit]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "sys-apps/dbus-1.12.18::gentoo[elogind]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "net-wireless/bluez-5.54::gentoo[-systemd]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-lang/python-2.7.17::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "dev-libs/libxml2-2.9.9-r3::gentoo[python_targets_python2_7,python]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "dev-libs/wayland-1.17.0::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "media-libs/mesa-20.0.8::gentoo[wayland]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "x11-libs/cairo-1.16.0-r3::gentoo[opengl]" [installed])
(dependency required by "media-libs/harfbuzz-2.6.4::gentoo[cairo]" [installed])
(dependency required by "x11-libs/pango-1.42.4-r2::gentoo" [installed])
(dependency required by "dev-qt/qtwidgets-5.14.2::gentoo[gtk]" [ebuild])
(dependency required by "sys-auth/polkit-qt-0.113.0::gentoo" [installed])

And there are a lot of qt packages that I can't upgrade.
The version of qtcore I have installed is 5.14.2. So why it asks for an older version?

Also I can't upgrade portage (now it's due to python ...)

Code:

emerge --verbose-conflicts portage portage-utils
[ebuild     U  ] app-portage/portage-utils-0.87 [0.80]
[ebuild     U  ] dev-python/setuptools-46.4.0-r1 [40.6.3] PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_7* -python3_6* -python3_8% (-python3_9)"
[ebuild     U  ] dev-python/certifi-2020.4.5.1 [2019.6.16] PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_7* -python3_6* -python3_8% (-python3_9)"
[ebuild   R    ] app-portage/gemato-14.3  PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_7* -python3_6*"
[ebuild     U  ] sys-apps/portage-2.3.99-r2 [2.3.89-r1] PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_7* -python3_6*"

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

sys-apps/portage:0

(sys-apps/portage-2.3.99-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="(ipc) native-extensions rsync-verify xattr -apidoc -build -doc -gentoo-dev (-selinux)" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_7 (-pypy3) -python3_6 -python3_8" pulled in by
    sys-apps/portage (Argument)

(sys-apps/portage-2.3.89-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="(ipc) native-extensions rsync-verify xattr -apidoc -build -doc -gentoo-dev (-selinux)" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-pypy3) -python3_7 -python3_8" pulled in by
    >=sys-apps/portage-2.1[python_targets_python2_7(-),python_targets_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_jython2_7(-),-python_single_target_pypy(-),-python_single_target_pypy3(-),-python_single_target_python3_7(-),python_single_target_python3_6(+)] required by (app-portage/elogviewer-2.9:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_6 -python2_7 -python3_5" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 -python3_5"

sys-apps/portage[python_targets_python3_6(-)?,python_targets_python3_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_8(-)?,-python_single_target_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_python3_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_8(-)] required by (dev-java/java-config-2.2.0-r4:2/2::gentoo, installed) USE="-test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 -python3_5 -python3_7"

sys-apps/portage[python_targets_python3_6(-)?,python_targets_python3_7(-)?,-python_single_target_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_python3_7(-)] required by (app-portage/gentoolkit-0.4.6:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 -pypy -python3_5 -python3_7"

app-portage/gemato:0

(app-portage/gemato-14.3:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="gpg -test -tools" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_7 (-pypy3) -python3_6 -python3_8" pulled in by
    >=app-portage/gemato-14[python_targets_pypy3(-)?,python_targets_python3_6(-)?,python_targets_python3_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_8(-)?,-python_single_target_pypy3(-),-python_single_target_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_python3_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_8(-)] required by (sys-apps/portage-2.3.99-r2:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="(ipc) native-extensions rsync-verify xattr -apidoc -build -doc -gentoo-dev (-selinux)" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_7 (-pypy3) -python3_6 -python3_8"

(app-portage/gemato-14.3:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="blake2 bzip2 gpg -lzma -sha3 -test -tools" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 -pypy (-pypy3) -python3_5 -python3_7 -python3_8" pulled in by
    >=app-portage/gemato-14[python_targets_python2_7(-),python_targets_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_pypy3(-),-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_python3_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_8(-)] required by (sys-apps/portage-2.3.89-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="(ipc) native-extensions rsync-verify xattr -apidoc -build -doc -gentoo-dev (-selinux)" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-pypy3) -python3_7 -python3_8"

dev-python/setuptools:0

(dev-python/setuptools-46.4.0-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_7 (-pypy3) -python3_6 -python3_8 (-python3_9)" pulled in by
    >=dev-python/setuptools-42.0.2[python_targets_pypy3(-)?,python_targets_python2_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_6(-)?,python_targets_python3_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_8(-)?,python_targets_python3_9(-)?,-python_single_target_pypy3(-),-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_python3_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_8(-),-python_single_target_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/certifi-2020.4.5.1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_7 (-pypy3) -python3_6 -python3_8 (-python3_9)"
    ^^                      ^^^^^^                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
    dev-python/setuptools[python_targets_pypy3(-)?,python_targets_python2_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_6(-)?,python_targets_python3_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_8(-)?,python_targets_python3_9(-)?,-python_single_target_pypy3(-),-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_python3_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_8(-),-python_single_target_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/certifi-2020.4.5.1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_7 (-pypy3) -python3_6 -python3_8 (-python3_9)"

>=dev-python/setuptools-42.0.2[python_targets_python2_7(-)?,-python_single_target_python2_7(-)] required by (dev-python/enum34-1.1.6-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="-doc" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 -pypy"
    >=dev-python/setuptools-42.0.2[python_targets_pypy3(-)?,python_targets_python3_6(-)?,python_targets_python3_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_8(-)?,-python_single_target_pypy3(-),-python_single_target_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_python3_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_8(-)] required by (app-portage/gemato-14.3:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="gpg -test -tools" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_7 (-pypy3) -python3_6 -python3_8"

(dev-python/setuptools-40.6.3:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="-test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 -pypy (-pypy3) -python3_5 -python3_7" pulled in by
    dev-python/setuptools[python_targets_python2_7(-),python_targets_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_pypy(-),-python_single_target_pypy3(-),-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_5(-),-python_single_target_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_python3_7(-)] required by (dev-python/certifi-2019.6.16:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 -pypy (-pypy3) -python3_5 -python3_7"

dev-python/setuptools[python_targets_python2_7(-),python_targets_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_pypy(-),-python_single_target_pypy3(-),-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_5(-),-python_single_target_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_python3_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_8(-)] required by (dev-python/pygments-2.4.2:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="-doc -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 -pypy (-pypy3) -python3_5 -python3_7 -python3_8"

dev-python/setuptools[python_targets_python2_7(-),python_targets_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_pypy(-),-python_single_target_pypy3(-),-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_5(-),-python_single_target_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_python3_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_8(-)] required by (dev-python/cryptography-2.8:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="-idna -libressl -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 -pypy (-pypy3) -python3_5 -python3_7 -python3_8"

dev-python/setuptools[python_targets_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_python3_5(-),-python_single_target_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_python3_7(-)] required by (dev-util/meson-0.51.2:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="(-test)" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_6 -python3_5 -python3_7"

dev-python/setuptools[python_targets_pypy3(-)?,python_targets_python2_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_6(-)?,python_targets_python3_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_8(-)?,python_targets_python3_9(-)?,-python_single_target_pypy3(-),-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_python3_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_8(-),-python_single_target_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/chardet-3.0.4:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="-test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 -pypy (-pypy3) -python3_5 -python3_7"

dev-python/setuptools[python_targets_pypy3(-)?,python_targets_python2_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_6(-)?,python_targets_python3_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_8(-)?,python_targets_python3_9(-)?,-python_single_target_pypy3(-),-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_python3_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_8(-),-python_single_target_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/namespace-zope-1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 -pypy (-pypy3) -python3_5 -python3_7"

dev-python/setuptools[python_targets_python3_6(-)?,python_targets_python3_7(-)?,-python_single_target_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_python3_7(-)] required by (dev-python/pyxattr-0.6.0-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="-doc -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 -pypy -python3_5 -python3_7"

dev-python/setuptools[python_targets_pypy3(-)?,python_targets_python2_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_6(-)?,python_targets_python3_7(-)?,-python_single_target_pypy3(-),-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_python3_7(-)] required by (dev-python/pyblake2-1.1.2:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 -pypy (-pypy3) -python3_5 -python3_7"

dev-python/certifi:0

(dev-python/certifi-2020.4.5.1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_7 (-pypy3) -python3_6 -python3_8 (-python3_9)" pulled in by
    >=dev-python/certifi-2016.9.26[python_targets_pypy3(-)?,python_targets_python2_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_6(-)?,python_targets_python3_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_8(-)?,python_targets_python3_9(-)?,-python_single_target_pypy3(-),-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_python3_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_8(-),-python_single_target_python3_9(-)] required by (dev-python/setuptools-46.4.0-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) USE="-test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_7 (-pypy3) -python3_6 -python3_8 (-python3_9)"

(dev-python/certifi-2019.6.16:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 -pypy (-pypy3) -python3_5 -python3_7" pulled in by
    >=dev-python/certifi-2016.9.26[python_targets_python2_7(-),python_targets_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_pypy(-),-python_single_target_pypy3(-),-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_5(-),-python_single_target_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_python3_7(-)] required by (dev-python/setuptools-40.6.3:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="-test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 -pypy (-pypy3) -python3_5 -python3_7"

>=dev-python/certifi-2017.4.17[python_targets_pypy3(-)?,python_targets_python2_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_6(-)?,python_targets_python3_7(-)?,-python_single_target_pypy3(-),-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_python3_7(-)] required by (dev-python/requests-2.21.0-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="ssl -socks5" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 -pypy (-pypy3) -python3_5 -python3_7"

dev-python/certifi[python_targets_pypy3(-)?,python_targets_python2_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_6(-)?,python_targets_python3_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_8(-)?,-python_single_target_pypy3(-),-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_6(-),-python_single_target_python3_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_8(-)] required by (dev-python/urllib3-1.24.2:0/0::gentoo, installed) USE="-doc -test" ABI_X86="(64)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 -pypy (-pypy3) -python3_5 -python3_7"
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

queen wrote:
Now I try to
Code:

^ right there.

Because you only use --changed-use here but make no attempt of an upgrade otherwise while having very outdated packages installed.
queen
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

asturm wrote:
queen wrote:
Now I try to
Code:

^ right there.

Because you only use --changed-use here but make no attempt of an upgrade otherwise while having very outdated packages installed.

Thanks. Removing the flag solved it and then I ran
Code:
emerge --deep --newuse --update @world
which now installs/rebuild about 500 packages. I had to remove some packages because there were few conflicts.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: