Jumpcloud, anyone?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr-simon
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:12 pm    Post subject: Jumpcloud, anyone? Reply with quote

My employer has been pretty good in that they'll let us run whatever we want on our laptops. However, we've now been Officially Mandated by the higher-ups to run Jumpcloud on our systems.

Running their installer tells me that my OS is unsupported. The actual package download is hidden inside a pipe-to-bash script which passes whatever it detects my OS as to a download. I imagine I can get a .deb or similar out of it, but wondering if anyone has got this working?
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably installer check if is a supported linux, you should see if you can skip this check.
bhwhite
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Brandon with JumpCloud here, seconding the suggestion about supported linux distros.

If you are running a distro not supported by the JumpCloud agent, you may still have success:

https://support.jumpcloud.com/support/s/article/linux-error-your-osarchitecture----is-not-supported1

Generally speaking, that solution means something along the lines of the following, using Ubuntu as an example:

- You can likely get the agent running on that distribution quickly by modifying /etc/issue.
- At your convenience, please backup /etc/issue to /etc/issue.orig and then modify /etc/issue and change
Ubuntu 19.10 \n \l
to
Ubuntu 19.04 \n \l
- Once complete, please try the Agent install again.

In addition to official support, we also have a Slack community for JumpCloud discussions, free to all at https://jumpcloudlounge.slack.com/join/shared_invite/zt-esobabj4-Ytqy4ZSTo6ZONoALoGHAKA?platform=hootsuite .

[Moderator edit: expanded ow.ly URL <http://ow.ly/seTs30qO7WX> to point to the real target. Some users refuse to follow URL shorteners, and the forum length limit is sufficient to allow using the full URL. -Hu]
necrose99
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:55 pm    Post subject: Harvesting Reply with quote

https://github.com/goose121/initify

Move systemd to openrc units if needed

Code:
initify.pl  jc.unit or jc.systemd jc.openrc

cronify.pl to make the systemd timer to ie run auto updater to chron file
ie in-file >> outfile as it may overwrite otherwise ...

you'll need to cp units and enable for sytemd and or fixperms/chmod +x on openrc sripts / services manually also.

Virtualbox , vmware, centos , Debian as supported initial donar..

Ebuild skeleton i made ages ago... uses deb.. was going to ewarn youll need add keys manually, quick Google and ye shall find.. in my corp github.. etc. still need to upload and corect it.

For a private internal repo included your private organization keys..
{Files/jc-tarball.tgz or deb , keys etc.} [b]Posting to github.com would be very dangerous
..[/b] however deployment to many gentoo boxes doable.. rpm/deb files only to pub github at least safe

Edit config to corect the distribution ie gentoo vs centos etc..

Tar snap /opt/jc for cryptography keys etc.. rpm and or debs.. (raw deb/rpms are in directory)

No arm64 ie for rpi4 gentoo etc.. bummer...

Rpm2tgz deb2rpm can convert to tarball

With say puppet or chef or salt stack etc might be bit more elegant on gentoo... for someone more dev-ops inclined . better security handeling of key deployments etc .. ie coppying

Yes you can massage jumpcloud to run on gentoo..

Infinitify to get openrc to play nice. ie convert systemd scripts to openrc as needed.

They wont give details to thier repo , however the client is self updating..
As having an rpm or deb is a plus.. unfortunately you'll have to do some harvesting as they wont give a direct url .....

Api wise i have ruby or Python skeletons despite ages..
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: