Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
File Manager recommendations
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Bell
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:59 am    Post subject: File Manager recommendations Reply with quote

I am running Gentoo Linux on an Enlightenment environment, and I am looking for a good File Manager to use. Discarding Nautilus, which I don't like, could anyone recommend me some File Managers to use?

Thanks.
abhishek
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know about Enlightenmnet, but ive heard ROX File manager runs well with flux.
kipper
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using emelFM. Convenient two pane approach, but can also be used as a single pane manager.

cheers,
kipper
citizen428
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

data_the_android wrote:
but ive heard ROX File manager runs well with flux.

It sure does! I generally think it's a really nice file manager, but I don't use it too often, so maybe I just haven't found the flaws.

I also tried Endeavour once, was quite nice to. Haven't looked at Nautilus for quite some time now, because it always seemed to be kinda slow.

Take a look at this thread too:
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=3151&highlight=file+manager
Techie2000
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Gentoo file manager. "emerge Gentoo"
NU-Slacker
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that this isn't what you're looking for, but what about bash? Our forefathers did great things with nothing for a file manager but their own bash shell. Why, back in the day they had to move the bytes by hand, upwards on the disk platters _both_ways_. You youngsters these days are coddled what with your "antialiased fonts" and "drag-n-drop." Why its just plain disgusting the lack of respect for tradition these days.....
zojas
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer tcsh, myself. :D

funny post!

NU-Slacker wrote:
I know that this isn't what you're looking for, but what about bash? Our forefathers did great things with nothing for a file manager but their own bash shell. Why, back in the day they had to move the bytes by hand, upwards on the disk platters _both_ways_. You youngsters these days are coddled what with your "antialiased fonts" and "drag-n-drop." Why its just plain disgusting the lack of respect for tradition these days.....
Techie2000
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="NU-Slacker"]I know that this isn't what you're looking for, but what about bash? Our forefathers did great things with nothing for a file manager but their own bash shell. Why, back in the day they had to move the bytes by hand, upwards on the disk platters _both_ways_. You youngsters these days are coddled what with your "antialiased fonts" and "drag-n-drop." Why its just plain disgusting the lack of respect for tradition these days.....[/quote]

LoL, I was raised on the command line. I like BASH and Linux because quite frankly, it feels more like home than the GUI...
klieber
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as citizen428 pointed out, this topic has been discussed before. Moving thread to desktop forums and locking.

--kurt
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: