Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Covid-19
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrbassie wrote:
erm67 wrote:
In Germany the virus is low

Interesting...Is zyklon b the cure?
:lol:

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your doctor will tell you if it's right for you.
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Well, at least it wasn't a bioweapon. Imagine the impact that might have had on the world if one were released.
Last year I learned the chinese military strategy changed targets from now AI informed to a state military which is AI guided.

My fear for the future of human race is an authoritarian regime which mixes the structures to lead the country with AI in a way you conclusively must say:
The whole state in a deep sence a single AI machine effectively with consciousness, self-awareness and intelligence much higher than a single man can grasp. This kind of a country as AI machine could decide to implement a tactics using a Sars-Cov-2 virus first in its own country, because it calculated any unprepared western country can notl handle the pandemic as well as China (And it geniously knew Trump would mislead his country saying Sars-Cov-2 is a flu). A self inflicted Bio-weapen to indirectly win the concurrency by a better relative outcome but in big margins.

This kind of decission making without any one man in government responsible I fear the most for our future on earth. I don't believe any country on earth has this capacity yet.

Last edited by ulenrich on Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
richk449
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1q53TmteYZ8GFttz516Ncb-CYTZuk3xV_YBghRjZiYQ4

Nice.

I've been taking the opportunity to learn d3.

Here is a plot of confirmed cases over population (for countries over 0.06%) (first plot is just cases, second is per population):
http://www.southdownthecoast.com/covid/covid_d3/covid2.html

I haven't tried to do any fitting or modeling.

It is interesting that no country has exceeded, or looks like it will exceed, 1% confirmed cases.

Last edited by richk449 on Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total
erm67
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:

So, my formula hadn't that kind of difference acknowledged.

Germany is also taking patients from France and Italy, we have now enough ventilators, 9500 (we got a lot from China indeed) and reach 10000 soon, and at the same time the hospitalizations are falling down, but France and Spain still have big problems. I read that the French just give morphine to the oldest when there is shortage of ventilators.

Well if you go back I tired to explain that whole country stats doesn't make sense since, at least in this phase everywhere in the world we have large cluster in some regions while other regions are unaffected, That is why whole country stats doesn't make sense in this phase, You will also have to recognize that the number of confirmed cases and recovered aren't particularly useful to compare countries because of the different systems. The 'confirmes cases' and 'recovered' are sampled differently in various countriesso are not comparable at this stage of the pandemic at least; instead 'hospitalized' and 'dead with covid' are more or less sampled the same everywhere. Actually excess mortality is good data as well but more difficult to obtain, 'how many died 1 year ago' - 'how many died this year' of course for the first level regions where clusters erupted.

Admin EDIT: Continued in Covid-19 (part 3). --pjp

My fediverse account: @erm67@erm67.dynu.net
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23

Jump to: