Proxies in Gnome and Chromium
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamapii
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject: Proxies in Gnome and Chromium Reply with quote

So Firefox can use proxies. Chromium cannot, for now.

When trying to set up proxies in Chromium, it refers to "System proxy settings". This in turn opens Gnome settings. And there is no such thing as proxy settings in Gnome.

According to some resources somewhere on the web, there are also some parameters to bypass all this and set a proxy directly.

These do not work, as in they have no effect whatsoever. To give Chromium the benefit of the doubt, I assumed it is not as easy as it seems, and the descriptions I found may be not literally correct. I tried some variants accordingly. Result: These also do not work.

What is going on here? Have proxies been removed from both Chromium and Gnome, in some recent round of feature removals?
Muso
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Proxies in Gnome and Chromium Reply with quote

jamapii wrote:
So Firefox can use proxies. Chromium cannot, for now.

When trying to set up proxies in Chromium, it refers to "System proxy settings". This in turn opens Gnome settings. And there is no such thing as proxy settings in Gnome.

According to some resources somewhere on the web, there are also some parameters to bypass all this and set a proxy directly.

These do not work, as in they have no effect whatsoever. To give Chromium the benefit of the doubt, I assumed it is not as easy as it seems, and the descriptions I found may be not literally correct. I tried some variants accordingly. Result: These also do not work.

What is going on here? Have proxies been removed from both Chromium and Gnome, in some recent round of feature removals?

Try Foxyproxy. It's a great extension.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: