GTK Breeze is dark?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveg
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:03 pm    Post subject: GTK Breeze is dark? Reply with quote

I've just done a fresh install of Gentoo (from an old version of Funtoo) and I'm having a problem with the Breeze GTK theme. I run Plasma as my DE, and use the Breeze Dark theme. But, a certain GTK application I use a lot (zim) doesn't work well with a dark theme. I solved this in the past by setting the GTK2/GTK3 theme to the "light" Breeze theme in System Settings. When I do that on this install, I keep getting a dark theme in zim. I do not have Breeze-Dark selected and I do not have 'Prefer dark theme' checked. If I try another theme like Adwaita, it looks fine, but Breeze is stuck on dark. Is there some other setting that needs a tweak with newer versions of Plasma/Qt/GTK/Breeze? Can anyone else reproduce this?
forrestfunk81
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried setting the GTK Themes in KDE Plasma to Adwaita?

Since one of the last Plasma updates I have similar issues with Eclipse (Light theme) running in a Plasma GTK2/3 theme Breeze or Breeze Dark. I'm still not sure if I should switch to Eclipse Dark theme or use Adwaita theme for GTK applications in Plasma.
daveg
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forrestfunk81 wrote:
Have you tried setting the GTK Themes in KDE Plasma to Adwaita?

Perhaps I wasn't clear. When I said "If I try another theme like Adwaita, it looks fine," I meant that I was changing the GTK2/GTK3 theme in the Plasma System Settings. So, yes, I tried that, and it works. I just want to use the Breeze theme instead.

forrestfunk81 wrote:
Since one of the last Plasma updates I have similar issues with Eclipse (Light theme) running in a Plasma GTK2/3 theme Breeze or Breeze Dark. I'm still not sure if I should switch to Eclipse Dark theme or use Adwaita theme for GTK applications in Plasma.

I'm not sure I understand what issue you are having. You want KDE/Qt apps set to a light theme and GTK apps set to a dark theme? What results are you getting?
hedmo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daveg

I have same problem .Breeze Dark(GTK) theme does not work for all GTK applications .for me it works on thunderbird but not distccmon-gui.But Adwaita Datk
works for all.this is what you talking about?

regards hedmo
forrestfunk81
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eclipse is a GTK application and can be used with a bright Eclipse theme or a dark Eclipse theme. Eclipse is not usable if using the bright Eclipse theme while the Plasma desktop is configured to use the Breeze Dark theme for GTK applications. My workaround is to use the GTK theme Adwaita instead of Breeze Dark.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: