Inconsistent Tango colors between terminal emulators
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arcctgx
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:20 am    Post subject: Inconsistent Tango colors between terminal emulators Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm using three terminal emulators: Terminator-1.91, Tilda-1.4.1 and xfce4-terminal-0.8.8. I set the same color scheme (Tango) in all three, which gave me an uniform look in all of them. Today I noticed the colors in Terminator and Tilda changed, while in xfce4-terminal they remained as they were before. Examples:

xfce4-terminal (good)
Terminator (bad)
Tilda (bad)

The colors in Terminator and Tilda became darker, and are hard to read on dark background (especially the directory names). The color scheme is still Tango everywhere. The TERM variable is xterm-256color in all three terminal emulators.

I found that I can change the appearance of xfce4-terminal to match Tilda nad Terminator by unchecking "Show bold text in bright colors" option in "Colors" tab. But this is the opposite of what I want: I want Tilda and Terminator to have colors like xfce4-terminal. I can't see a similar setting in Tilda or Terminator.

I have no idea what could have caused the problem. None of these three applications have been updated before this change occurred. I don't even know where to start looking. Could anyone give me some pointers? How do I debug this?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: