Cute distro on a cute box
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pharynx
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:50 pm    Post subject: Cute distro on a cute box Reply with quote

Hi All,

<disclaimer-on-title>
To avoid offending the hardcore Gentoo comunity and developers members, I meant 'cute' in the macho... efficient... and geeky sort of way.. y'know, ok, enough backpaddling and on to my review. (Ok, now I have to make a disclaimer on the disclaimer for the other half of the Gentoo comunity that are really cute :) )
</disclaimer-on-title>

There are few things in life that fits together so well.
Gentoo and Shuttle SV25 happens to be one combination that can make this hardened software developer went ... 'Awww, so cute!'

Besides, what else can you say after compiling Kernel 2.19, XFree 4.2, KDE 3.0, Gnome, and Gimp, Mplayer and they all works *on the first go* ??? I have to pinch myself as I reach for a glass of water while staring at Princess Mononoke playing on my TV... in stereo!!

Thatt's right... "Awww, so cool!"

My admiration only grew to the Gentoo developers as I realized that they use Python for the portage system, what an appropriate choice of technology!! I've been using Python to create enterprise-class software and that choice alone has paid me off in a tremendous way.

Most importantly, installing gentoo gives me a heightened sense of appreciation on the amount of work that went into this good OS. Something that I guarantee most of us users took for granted if we're only using precompiled distros. (I use Suse, Mandrake, and Slackware).

Kudos to the power of 10 for y'all.

Now for the cute box bit of this review...
The Shuttle SV25 (and it's subsequent Athlon & P4 toting big brothers) is the beginning of a new breed of computer that strive for efficiency and well-thought-out engineering.

You have to see it for yourself how this mini-marvel is more than just another computer case, it's a change of attitude... for the better!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: