efl crashes after upgrade to 1.23.2
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marinheiro
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:53 pm    Post subject: efl crashes after upgrade to 1.23.2 Reply with quote

After an update to efl 1.23.2, I found I couldn't run enlightenment any more - lightdm lets me log in, briefly flashes, and drops me back to the login screen. A bit of poking around found the error messages in my ~/.xsession_errors, starting with
Code:
 evas_object_smart_data_get() calling smart object API on non-smart object

It's a lot of error messages so I've pasted it to https://pastebin.com/VkJJS3W1

I'm not seeing anyone else complaining or anything matching in the efl bugs list, so I guess it's something odd about my setup. I've tried it with USE flags for gles2 and opengl, and either way it still fails with the same errors.

Any suggestions what else I should try?

Thanks

Graham
chuckyrs
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I had a problem where Enlightenment 1.23.2 seemed to just crash and wouldn't start. From the Gentoo Enlightenment Wiki (https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Enlightenment ) in the debugging section, I used
Code:
 startx enlightenment_start 2>&1 | tee logthing.txt
and checked the text log file generated. Turned out Enlightenment couldn't find the 'Sans' font and suggested building using fontconfig. I set the fontconfig flag in my package.use and rebuilt. This got Enlightenment running. If only it didn't freeze every time the mouse touches the applications option in the menu, but that's a whole new story. Anyway, I hope this helps your problem. It's obscure enough to warrant writing down in the forum anyway.

Cheers.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: