[SOLVED] Firefox only safe-mode after upgrade to 68.2.0
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris1969
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] Firefox only safe-mode after upgrade to 68.2.0 Reply with quote

I had previously problems with the upgrade to 68.1.0 when it was unstable, I always reverted to 60.9.0. I moved now to stable 68.2.0. Everything seemed to work fine until I rebooted. Then firefox wouldn't start any more giving the following errors:
Code:

/usr/bin/firefox %U
1572186603049   addons.manager   ERROR   Exception calling provider GMPProvider.startup: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIStringBundle.GetStringFromName]"  nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)"  location: "JS frame :: resource://gre/modules/addons/GMPProvider.jsm :: buildPluginList :: line 844"  data: no] Stack trace: buildPluginList()@resource://gre/modules/addons/GMPProvider.jsm:844
startup()@resource://gre/modules/addons/GMPProvider.jsm:721
callProvider()@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:213
_startProvider()@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:649
startup()@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:873
startup()@resource://gre/modules/AddonManager.jsm:3469
observe()@resource://gre/modules/addonManager.js:70
1572186603300   Marionette   FATAL   <window id="main-window"
^
JavaScript error: resource://gre/modules/AutoCompletePopup.jsm, line 113: NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE: Component returned failure code: 0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE) [nsIObserverService.removeObserver]

I could only start in safe-mode, which right know gives the following errors:
Code:

firefox --safe-mode
JavaScript error: resource:///modules/sessionstore/SessionStore.jsm, line 5490: uncaught exception: 2147746065
JavaScript error: resource://gre/modules/UrlClassifierListManager.jsm, line 69: NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE: ServiceManager::GetService returned failure code:
JavaScript error: resource://gre/modules/SafeBrowsing.jsm, line 272: NS_ERROR_XPC_GS_RETURNED_FAILURE: ServiceManager::GetService returned failure code:

(/usr/lib64/firefox/firefox:8762): dconf-WARNING **: 18:09:31.082: Unable to open /usr/local/share/dconf/profile/user: Keine Berechtigung
Log warning: The log 'Services.Common.RESTRequest' is configured to use the preference 'services.common.log.logger.rest.request' - you must adjust the level by setting this preference, not by using the level setter

I tried different things firefox team propose, like switching off hardware acceleration, deactivating addons and such...

For two different user of this computer, firefox after the upgrade started fine for the first time, the only in safe-.mode. If I reset these in safe-mode they seem to work fine. However these user do not need their profiles, do not use sync etc.
However I rely on these things and would not like to lose these.

Can anyone figure out what the problem could be?

[Moderator edit: changed [quote] tags to [code] tags to preserve output layout. -Hu]

Last edited by Chris1969 on Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Apheus
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://bugs.gentoo.org/694456

Delete addonStartup.json.lz4 from profile. Firefox has some hiccup on profile upgrade.
Chris1969
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!! It worked.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: