error in posting
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mounty1
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject: error in posting Reply with quote

Anyone else unable to post? I tried this content from both Falkon and Firefox but just get error in posting. It previews alright; what's going on?
e3k
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: error in posting Reply with quote

mounty1 wrote:
Anyone else unable to post? I tried this content from both Falkon and Firefox but just get error in posting. It previews alright; what's going on?
i could post your raw data copied from paste bin here w/o problems.

Flux & Contemplation - Portrait of an Artist in Isolation

The Doctor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've taken over a website written for PHP 5.4 and Cake2.x. I upgraded PHP to 7.2 and Cake to 2.10. Now no one can log in. I started debugging but I feel like I'm going down a rabbit-hole. In
Code:
FormAuthenticate::authenticate(CakeRequest $request, CakeResponse $response)
is the statement
Code:
$fields = $this->settings['fields'];
which calls method _checkFields which calls $request->data which returns an empty string. It does that because it calls CakeRequest->data(), which calls Hash::get($this->data, 'User.username') (where $this is the Request), then Hash:get() does not find key User in $this->data, so it returns $default, which is null.

Obviously I am taking the wrong approach here. The above it too much information. CakePHP 2.10 is a pretty mature framework so I should not have to be debugging it at this level. I've done something wrong in the upgrade, or omitted to do something; something beyond just changing `composer.json` and running `composer update`. Any suggestions?

(quotes added after the fact)

Clearly this to works. Maybe an intermittent issue on your end, like poor connection? I've had wifi fail me with similar results.

Apologies if I take a while to respond. I'm currently working on the dematerialization circuit for my blue box.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: