[solved] failing rights in KDE system settings
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mschraff
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject: [solved] failing rights in KDE system settings Reply with quote

A few days ago I set up gentoo on my laptop and (somehow) managed to get KDE running. The system settings won´t allow me to change several settings, p.e.:
- sddm
- date & time
- KDE passwords

There may be some packages missing because there should be at last an option to execute this settings as sysadmin.

Last edited by mschraff on Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the kauth mechanism isn't working then it is most likely for lack of a proper seat created at login (requires either elogind, consolekit or systemd).
mschraff
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your help.

I´m using openrc and consolekit is started at the "default" runlevel. Do I need to activate special USE flags?

Yesterday I started systemsettings as root and even then I didn´t have the right to change the settings I mentioned above.
mschraff
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you @asturm. All I had to do was to reemerge consolekit with the "evdev" and "pm-utils" USE flag and everything works fine. So the problem is solved.

EDIT: a little research showed that eloginid and consolekit have more or less the same duty. Because I use OpenRC I switched completely to elogind which seemed the best option. That also solved the problem that teamviewer was blocked by consolekit. All I hat do to was editing the make.conf (elogind -consolekit -systemd) and adding elogind to the boot runlevel.

Best
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: