[solved]Python TypeError: Cannot sync Portage snapshot
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dystopic_utopia
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:37 am    Post subject: [solved]Python TypeError: Cannot sync Portage snapshot Reply with quote

First off, I am sorry if this is not exactly the correct section to post this in, as I am following Sakaki's EFI guide, while consulting the main handbook from time to time. Second, though this is not my first Gentoo install, I have been away for a while so please bear with me.

I have gotten to the part of the guide, where i have just chrooted into my Gentoo environment, and I am about to sync the portage snapshot onto my system. I believe i may have downloaded (and verified) the wrong stage3. The stage3 that I downloaded was 20190915T214502Z.
When I run:
Code:

emaint sync --auto

I get:
Code:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python-exec/python3.6/emaint", line 37, in <module>
    emaint_main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/portage/emaint/main.py", line 244, in emaint_main
    returncodes = taskmaster.run_tasks(tasks, func, status, options=task_opts)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/portage/emaint/main.py", line 139, in run_tasks
    returncode, msgs = getattr(inst, func)(**kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/portage/emaint/modules/sync/sync.py", line 102, in auto_sync
    return self._sync(repos, return_messages, emaint_opts=options)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/portage/emaint/modules/sync/sync.py", line 238, in _sync
    sync_schedulers.start()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/_emerge/AsynchronousTask.py", line 30, in start
    self._start()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/portage/util/_async/AsyncScheduler.py", line 90, in _start
    self._scheduler()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/_emerge/PollScheduler.py", line 154, in _schedule
    self._schedule_tasks()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/portage/util/_async/AsyncScheduler.py", line 57, in _schedule_tasks
    while self._keep_scheduling() and self._can_add_job()
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/portage/util/async/AsyncScheduler.py", line 453, in _can_add_job
    if not AsyncScheduler._can_add_job(self):
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/site-packages/_emerge/PollScheduler.py", line 173, in _can_add_job
    self._running_job_count() >= self._max_jobs:
TypeError: '>=' not supported between instances of 'int' and 'str'

When I try to run emerge --sync, I get an almost similar traceback ending with the same line from PollScheduler.py. My question is this: am I going to have to exit the chroot and umount /dev/, /sys/ and /proc and unpack the correct stage3 into my / directory or would it be possible to alter PollScheduler.py into order to get it to execute correctly, so I could sync and repair this mistake? Unfortunately, I am on the novice side as far as my Python goes, so I doubt I could accomplish the second alone. I have poked around the script in questions, and have noticed this:

Code:

def _running_job_count(self):
              raise NotImplementedError(self)

Since exceptions return a message in the form of a string, I am guessing this is why the TypeError is thrown.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and I appreciate any help given in advance.

Last edited by dystopic_utopia on Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
dystopic_utopia
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, not only did I remove the old stage3 files and downloaded the stage3 again, but I found a typo in the root .bashrc file, where I exported the variables related to the number of jobs portage can run. Either way, I have been able to sync portage successful, and continue on with the installation.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: