Dual Monitor Offset
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redundant
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:48 am    Post subject: Dual Monitor Offset Reply with quote

Sorry if my title is a bit vague. I'm newly after about a decade back to gentoo, and I finally got my dual monitor setup working. It's a Xinerama based setup, but I looked a bit around and I can't quite figure out how to set it so the mouse reflects the physical position of the monitors (in my current configuration the top right of the main monitor is bottom left of the secondary). How can I configure my gentoo install to better reflect the physical arrangement of my setup?
Proinsias
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x11-misc/arandr is useful for moving displays around and generating xrandr commands.
Hu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xinerama is largely obsoleted by XRandR. Use xrandr to assign physical displays to logical screen coordinates. In simple cases, it can do much of the work for you with options like --left-of. That may not work with your setup where the monitors only share one corner, instead of sharing an edge. You may need to give the position data with --pos.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: