How do I transfer a Firefox Install from Windows - Solved
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FastTurtle
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:22 am    Post subject: How do I transfer a Firefox Install from Windows - Solved Reply with quote

Using Firefox Quantum 60.7 ESR on Win7 and know how to backup my profiles and such from Windows so that's not an issue.

Main question is how do I import a working Firefox profile and session from Win7 to Linux? This means Cookies, bookmarks, previsous session and all the related stuff that Firefox places in the appdata/local/mozilla - appdata/locallow/mozilla - appdata/roaming without fragging the profile

I know, sounds strange to be asking this one but I'm moving back from Windows to Gentoo and need to Know what on Windows do I need to keep

edit:

One of the issues with Quantum (60+) is the multiple thread model. Seems that every thread creates a profile.

Solution is to simply uncheck the default threaded model and go back to a single thread. Profiles get read but only one is then updated as the primary.

Last edited by FastTurtle on Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
fedeliallalinea
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can help this?
FastTurtle
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looked at the link and it seems to be for the earlier versions of Firefox (58 and earlier) that used a single profile folder under appdata\local\mozilla\profile - made it much easier to backup the system. Quantum though seems to use a profile for every blasted thread it's running (I'm set to 4) meaning I have 4 profiles under \local\mozilla\profiles with another 3 under \roaming\mozilla\profiles

Might be able to solve the issue by going to a single thread (same as earlier versions of firefox)
FastTurtle
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like that was the solution - Have a single profile now being used (folder updated today) in both Local and Roaming.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: