[SOLVED] Multi-head KDE?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cz0
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] Multi-head KDE? Reply with quote

Hi, folks!
I'm running KDE and currently trying to use it in multi-head configuration on my laptop with Intel integrated video card.
But I'm entirely missing any screen configuration options related to multi-head thing in System Settings.
Since I don't need all that stuff. that comes with KDE, I've installed only kde-plasma/plasma-desktop package.
Any useflag or packed I need to enable/install to get second screen configuration available in KDE?

Last edited by cz0 on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
etnull
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/KDE
Quote:
Warning
Please note that only installing kde-plasma/plasma-desktop will be missing important packages such as kde-plasma/powerdevil (power management, suspend and hibernate options), kde-plasma/systemsettings and many more, do not expect support in this case.

You need kde-plasma/plasma-meta instead, or you have to find what exactly is missing on your own, maybe try kde-plasma/systemsettings and x11-apps/xrandr
theluckyone17
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What etnull said. I can confirm multi-head support after installing plasma-meta. My daily laptop is running triple heads reliably (Acer R7-572: HDMI, VGA via dongle, and the integrated display). Plasma's handling the recognition of the monitors nicely as well, restoring window locations and what not.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Multi-head KDE? Reply with quote

cz0 wrote:
Since I don't need all that stuff. that comes with KDE

Apparently you do need that stuff.

Hint: plasma-meta installs stuff that comes with KDE Plasma, not all software that is produced by KDE.
cz0
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Multi-head KDE? Reply with quote

asturm wrote:

Apparently you do need that stuff.

Not really. After pulling in plasma-meta with pretend option and brief analyses, I tried out "kde-plasma/kscreen" and it does the business just fine.
Now I have corresponding option in System Setting along with kscreen application itself.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: