kde plasma 5.15.5: leave widget misses suspend/hibernate
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
equaeghe
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject: kde plasma 5.15.5: leave widget misses suspend/hibernate Reply with quote

Since the upgrade to kde plasma 5.15.5, the widget on my panel with buttons for lock/shutdown/suspend/hibernate is missing the latter two options.
When I go to its configuration, those two are ‘on’, but grayed-out, so also there something seems to be amiss.
When I go to the leave tab in the plasma (‘start’) menu, all the options are there. I tested the suspend button there, and it worked, so I think that the basic functionality is unaffected, but that the leave menu is for some reason broken.
Since the update, I've shutdown and restarted multiple times already, so it shouldn't be an install glitch either.

In case anyone has bumped into this same issue, let me know. In case you know how to fix this, for sure let me know!
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you use consolekit or elogind with openrc, or systemd? How did you install Plasma? How do you start Plasma?
equaeghe
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asturm wrote:
Do you use consolekit or elogind with openrc, or systemd? How did you install Plasma? How do you start Plasma?

systemd, using portage/emerge, sddm automatically started on system startup
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

equaeghe wrote:
using portage/emerge

I assumed as much, but what package did you install for Plasma?
Desulate
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what its worth I was using KDE on arch and experienced two situations that caused something similar a couple months ago.

With wayland relating to widgets, a few of them were causing minor breakage on the desktop and would just "disappear" when really they are still there. I personally never found the kwin logs particularly useful in troubleshooting them, I ended up just switching off the widgets and options on the desktop bar(s) until I found the culprit.

Another issue I found was related to the "slideshow background" which also caused widgets to disappear, It kept losing the link bindings to the images which messed everything up somehow yet still showed the image slideshow anyways and I'd have to remove them then re-link them to the images again. Eventually I just stopped using the background slideshow feature temporarily until it stopped having the issue randomly after a few updates.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: