Actual desktop question about Fluxbox with WindowMaker
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LIsLinuxIsSogood
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject: Actual desktop question about Fluxbox with WindowMaker Reply with quote

I am running fluxbox desktop on a fresh install of gentoo, kernel is custom built in 4.19.27-r1. Inside the desktop for fluxbox exists some menu there with an option inside it called Window managers and inside that I have window maker, which I've installed. Now it seems confusing that clicking this is actually taking me to "go into" the window maker desktop graphics and all for about 2 seconds, before suddenly halting the X session and kicking me back to a terminal/tty.

Not sure what is the problem here, is it fluxbox, windowmaker, neither. I know my explanation probably lacks detail but maybe someone can tell me what can be done to post some more diagnostic or debugging type information.
CrankyPenguin
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 12:39 am    Post subject: It is either or. Reply with quote

Both Window Maker and Fluxbox are window managers so yes one would replace the other. What are the features that you are after?

If you are after some specific feature of WindowMaker like the tray or the dock then you can install things like docker separately in Fluxbox if that helps. You can also build Fluxbox with bindings for gnome apps as well.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: