View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject: Game of Thrones, last series Reply with quote

I know there's a thread somewhere about this, can't find - even using Google, but still -

Anybody watching, any theories ?
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones, last series Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
I know there's a thread somewhere about this, can't find - even using Google, but still -

Anybody watching, any theories ?

My wife and I both love the show. It's about the only time we use a TV as an actual TV, instead of just a monitor.

As for theories, the sweet and humble Boltons are now out of the running, so unfortunately Ramsay will never sit on the Iron throne (he's fertilizing a garden somewhere as dog feces currently). So this leaves the main options of Cersei clinging to power with her necromancer, Arya stark and her boyfriend somehow managing to claim the throne (he is the son of Robert Baratheon), Jon Snow & his 1/2 sister reclaiming it back for the Tagaryen family. Those would be the main 3 outcomes... but there are still many more possibilities.

The White Walkers could just turn it all into planet Hoth.
Bran could somehow ascend beyond these humans squabbling over political power and assert some sort of order from nature.
Sansa, being the lady of the North, might actually have a line if the others are killed off in battle.

I'm just heart broken that the sweet boy Ramsay Bolton was killed. He was such a nice boy, he dindu nuffin.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Jon is banging his aunt, which is pretty much a Targaryen tradition, but Jon is the rightful heir of their family line.

I am gonna go out on a limb and say that Sansa Stark will end up Queen of Westros.

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
Well, Jon is banging his aunt, which is pretty much a Targaryen tradition, but Jon is the rightful heir of their family line.

I am gonna go out on a limb and say that Sansa Stark will end up Queen of Westros.

Yup. Auntie wants it but she will die. Jon will defend it but will die. The brother fucker has it but will die.
The whitewalkers will keep on pushing until they get what they want ... A targarian-stark child to be their new heir and sansa will hand over Jon+Daenerys child to save the seven kingdoms once brute force fails...

Last edited by Naib on Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice seeing Jaime knight Brienne.

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:

Or possibly Gendry - not Queen, because that would require a sex change, but if most of the lead contenders die, that leaves the one that nobody has noticed.
HungGarTiger
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daenareys heart is too pure, I think Cersi will kill her off. Jon 'cuck boy' Snow will die trying to save her.

Clegane Bowl will be glorious, then The Hound rapes Cersi to death.

Jaime and Biranne get married and retire to Casterly Rock so he can spend the rest of his life fisting her with his stump.

Sansa marries the Night King because he is the only one dark enough to put up with her whiny shit and not have his cock frozen off by how cold her pussy is.

Seriously though, Robs Son and Ayra get married and rule with Tyrion and ma boy Varys.

Also, low key want Varys to take the throne because he is the most bad ass character in the show.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Related

HungGarTiger wrote:
Also, low key want Varys to take the throne because he is the most bad ass character in the show.

It's pretty sad that the best hope for a sane government in Westeros is one ruled by a Eunuch and a Dwarf.
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New theory making the rounds...
The night king raises the dead ... In the stark crypt

This sort of hold weight, in the buildup trailer we saw Arya (an assassin) running screaming, what would scare her?
Also Chekhov's Gun; two episodes in and all we keep hearing is "oh go to the crypt it will be safe, woman and children to the crypt as it will be safe"

This has contributed to the narrative of the story so it needs to be involved
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That "every element in a story must be necessary and irrelevant elements removed" sounds like poor writing and a lack of creativity. A mystery where everything is relevant sounds horrible... something might be relevant or not, you have to figure that out. Maybe the crypt is just a safe place.

Believing I had supernatural powers I slammed into a brick wall.
I said hey, is this my problem? Is this my fault?
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe, but in conjunction with E3 teaser ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=TdkS4Xazz7Q&feature=youtu.be @ 17seconds) ... Arya running scared? its enough to at least consider something is going on

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chekhov%27s_gun
Quote:
dramatic principle that states that every element in a story must be necessary, and irrelevant elements should be removed; elements should not appear to make "false promises" by never coming into play

John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
The night king raises the dead ... In the stark crypt

Yes, I must admit if you're fighting an army of undead, lead by a master necromancer hiding women folk and children in a crypt, surrounded by raw material probably isn't the best decision.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
maybe, but in conjunction with E3 teaser ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=TdkS4Xazz7Q&feature=youtu.be @ 17seconds) ... Arya running scared? its enough to at least consider something is going on
Sure. THAT trailer suggests something should happen to warrant that scene (unless it was cut... happened with Major League). But I reject Checkhov's gun simply because someone said something at some point about what they liked. Not everything in life has a purpose (at least that is apparent to the observer). Why a work of fiction should seems like an assertion for the non-creative thinker. I'm sure it is a matter of knowing the rules and how to break them. Another rule is to not jumble shit into a mess, but Tarantino did it in Pulp Fiction. I happen to think it ruined the movie, others really liked it. She might have that look because of something she's running toward... like someone having been dealt a mortal blow.

big dave
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
That "every element in a story must be necessary and irrelevant elements removed" sounds like poor writing and a lack of creativity. A mystery where everything is relevant sounds horrible... something might be relevant or not, you have to figure that out. Maybe the crypt is just a safe place.

it's counter to writing from shit stories like "lost" where they'd constantly introduce something that seems like it would be incorporated into the plot... and then was completely ignored after that with no further reference.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:lol:

I guess that isn't a hangup I have. That said, I've never seen Lost, so maybe they went too far.

Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
:lol:

I guess that isn't a hangup I have. That said, I've never seen Lost, so maybe they went too far.

They lost the plot

Thankyou, I'm here all evening
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, episode 3 - summary crap tactics to start (bottle all of your cavalry up) and the force of evil which has been built up over the last eight series ... was .. shanked

By a girl.

Also it felt like they had a laundry list of characters to get rid of.

Still enjoyed it none the less.
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok .. do we think there's any chance of this series redeeming itself in the last episode ?
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
Ok .. do we think there's any chance of this series redeeming itself in the last episode ?
No...

THe last few series had at least a plot, twists etc... This series is just pure linear.. They are going to kill Danny, John will be offered the throne, he will turn it down and Sansa becomes queen.

What would have been better was Varys killed Danny, the dragon goes mad and torches the city and there is a battle to kill the lone dragon. but nooo simple execs and linear plots.
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
No...

THe last few series had at least a plot, twists etc... This series is just pure linear.. They are going to kill Danny, John will be offered the throne, he will turn it down and Sansa becomes queen.

What would have been better was Varys killed Danny, the dragon goes mad and torches the city and there is a battle to kill the lone dragon. but nooo simple execs and linear plots.

About the dragon, can't understand how several hundred scorpions can't take it out, it's a bit like the A-Team back in the 80's.

A hail of bullets and the only casualty is George Peppard's quiff.
roki942
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Arya should get the dragon.

Edit: to keep not to kill
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roki942 wrote:
I think Arya should get the dragon.

Edit: to keep not to kill

Arya got a pony. Daenerys got PMS.
HungGarTiger
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Varys :cry:

Cersi receives no justice at all.

And how did they manage to fuck up Celganebowl? The fight with the single best potential in the whole damn series and Sandor suddenly forgets how to fight.

It seems like they reached the end of the original material and can't write for shit. I'll give them 10/10 for directing ability but they certainly don't do the original story any justice at all.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HungGarTiger wrote:
And how did they manage to fuck up Celganebowl?

Disagree. The scene was awesome. He's fighting against a zombie who cannot die from heart piercings or brain piercings. The crumbling tower, dragon over head breathing fire... it was very satisfying.
John-Boy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HungGarTiger wrote:
Varys :cry:

I don't understand that either, a spymaster essentially runs around with a megaphone shouting :

"I am committing teh treason, who's in !!!"

All based on a few funny looks his queen gave during a banquet (as far as I can tell)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: