Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Getting .xresources to work with alpha (i3/st)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moevot
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:03 am    Post subject: Getting .xresources to work with alpha (i3/st) Reply with quote

Ok everyone,
This is all in i3 btw. I have been looking for some time now and I have not been able to find a way to get .Xresources file to modify alpha. Here's what I have done:
First I installed alpha and hide-cursor for suckless terminal. Then install xcompmgr. Everything runs perfectly and is invoked on startup through .i3/config file. Then I installed .Xresources patch for suckless terminal. It does not work(keeps failing to make clean install). So I untar a fresh st-0.8.2 and try to install .Xresources first then alpha, and then hide-cursor. Everything patches well except for a few lines I have to paste in manually. Then I recompile suckless terminal. Now .Xresources works and changes color scheme when I edit the .Xresources file and invoke it by running xrdb .Xresources. But now alpha and hide-cursor don't work! What should I do? Let me know what files you need for further diagnosis.
Thank you for your time!
moevot
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw i figured it out. config.h needs to be rm'd every install
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: