Strange problem with KDE, Yamaha Receiver, and LG TV
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RayDude
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject: Strange problem with KDE, Yamaha Receiver, and LG TV Reply with quote

I'd had issues before this one, but it was sporadic.

Since the update about a month ago, after the power save function kicks in and blanks the screen, when I wake up the computer attached to the receiver and TV, the screen comes back but the task bar is normal size instead of being roughly twice as thick according to my settings. The screen contents otherwise match what was on the screen before the power save blank, and the mouse works, but there are no changes to the contents of the display.

If I press CTRL-ALT-F1 and then CTRL-ALT-F7, then the display re draws, the task bar is the correct size and everything works again.

This is really tough on my family as they don't understand why they have to do this keyboard dance every time the power save kicks in.

It almost seems to me like KDE thinks there's a second display after coming back from blank.

I should also say that if a shell was active before the blank, and I type after I get back the "false" display, then switch to a console and back, then the text that I typed is visible.

Has anyone any idea what this could be or even a way to figure it out?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: