[SOLVED ..kinda] LXPanel 0.10 with GTK+3 support problem
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NTU
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:43 am    Post subject: [SOLVED ..kinda] LXPanel 0.10 with GTK+3 support problem Reply with quote

Hey everyone!

I updated all the LXDE packages to their latest versions and included GTK+3 support for all of which have the configure option:

https://github.com/NTULINUX/ntu_overlay

The problem is that the toolbar now only expands a quarter of the way across the bottom of the screen unless I right click on the toolbar, go to "Panel Settings" and change the position from "bottom" to "left" then back to "bottom" again. nm-applet has a blue background around the icon too. Any ideas?

Thank you!

PCManFM and the toolbar after you change the position around look much nicer btw!

edit: So to fix the issue, you need to do the following. Right click on the bottom toolbar -> Panel Settings -> Panel Applets

Change the entire list and delete whatever necessary, I deleted everything in the toolbar and started fresh. Make sure it looks _EXACTLY_ like this, top to bottom:

Spacer (stretch unchecked)
Menu
Application Launch Bar (Top: PCManFM, bottom: Firefox)
Spacer (stretch unchecked)
Application Launch and Task Bar (stretch CHECKED, Mode: Only Task Bar)
CPU Usage Monitor
System Tray
Digital Clock
Application Launch Bar (Top: ScreenLock, bottom: Logout)

Panel now stretches side to side like it should and it looks great. If you delete ~/.config the problem will return and you will need to re-configure the toolbar all over again. This isn't a great fix but it works.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: