PBM: GPG keys no longer listed in email applications
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VinzC
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject: PBM: GPG keys no longer listed in email applications Reply with quote

Hi all.

I don't really know how to describe the issue so please bear with me :oops: . Recently I ran a long due upgrade (about 500 packages) and it ran rather fine. However when I open my email programs (seamonkey or clawsmail) I no longer see my GPG keys appear in the list of keys when I want to select a key ID for use with signing/encryption.

I created and imported GPG keys using seahorse. Up until the upgrade all the keys that I could use for encryption (e.g. mine plus those I installed from trusted people) did appear when I wanted to select which key to encrypt with. In seamonkey account settings (under OpenPGP security) for instance, there is a button («Select key»), offered by enigmail, to select my private key, which I want to sign messages with. Next to that button is shown the ID of my signing key. Clicking the button opens a list that normally shows all my keys (or at least those that I can use for signing) but now the list is empty :? .

However I can still sign outgoing messages and I'm prompted for my secret passphrase. Just that I can no longer select which key I'll sign/encrypt. But all of my keys do appear in Seahorse!

I have
  • x11-plugins/enigmail-2.0.8-r1
  • app-crypt/seahorse-3.20.0
  • app-crypt/gnupg-2.2.10
I don't know what to check from here. Has anyone got a clue on what's going on?

Thanks in advance for any hint/suggestion.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: