Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
New Zealand mosque attacks by far right white supremacist
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Muso
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 1001
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gentooP4 wrote:
If it averts atrocities like this then I'm all for it.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

*NPC ignores fact that killer cited censoring speech as one of the reasons for his attack*
_________________
"You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think" ~ Dorothy Parker
"It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes." ~ Senator Ted Stevens describing the Internet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gentooP4
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Posts: 182
Location: NZ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, we cleared that up (I thought). Remember you went to an unrelated event in another country?

It's a lame excuse anyway (if it were true) not a reason to kill 50 people :roll:

Preventing radicalism is the goal of restricting peoples access to abhorrent ideas
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 1001
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gentooP4 wrote:
Preventing radicalism is the goal of restricting peoples access to abhorrent ideas


So should the Koran be banned?
_________________
"You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think" ~ Dorothy Parker
"It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes." ~ Senator Ted Stevens describing the Internet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gentooP4
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Posts: 182
Location: NZ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it has a clear incitement to commit violence then yeah I think it should. The bible ticks this box too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 1001
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gentooP4 wrote:
If it has a clear incitement to commit violence then yeah I think it should. The bible ticks this box too.


You're scary.
_________________
"You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think" ~ Dorothy Parker
"It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes." ~ Senator Ted Stevens describing the Internet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gentooP4
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Posts: 182
Location: NZ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worldwide interest in moving to New Zealand has spiked in the aftermath of Christchurch's deadly terror attacks.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/christchurch-shooting/111540410/christchurch-shootings-prompt-surge-of-interest-in-move-to-nz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 245
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gentooP4 wrote:
If it has a clear incitement to commit violence then yeah I think it should. The bible ticks this box too.
So you are a book burner too. Interesting.
_________________
The Future Ain't What It Used To Be

Christmas Lights Are Like Jeffrey Epstein, They Don't Hang Themselves.

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 245
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gentooP4 wrote:

Preventing radicalism is the goal of restricting peoples access to abhorrent ideas
So we have determined you are against free speech and are in favor of banning books to prevent people from following violent ideologies. I would take that to include the Communist Manifesto? Mein Kampf?
_________________
The Future Ain't What It Used To Be

Christmas Lights Are Like Jeffrey Epstein, They Don't Hang Themselves.

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 1001
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
gentooP4 wrote:
If it has a clear incitement to commit violence then yeah I think it should. The bible ticks this box too.
So you are a book burner too. Interesting.


The world will not be safe until we all adhere to government approved leftist thinking. All other opinions must be banned.
_________________
"You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think" ~ Dorothy Parker
"It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes." ~ Senator Ted Stevens describing the Internet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HungGarTiger
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 04 Feb 2014
Posts: 155
Location: /nz/auckland

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the Muslim leaders here aren't wasting any time in blaming us Jews for this atrocity. We were quick to extend our hand in friendship and brotherhood over this situation and they have spat in our face.

It's a shame nobody is really talking about this though, in fact just by posting this I'm probably breaking our new hate speech laws as we know based on how these laws are used in the UK "hate speech" is pretty much just a euphemism for "anti-Islam."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 1261
Location: Idaho, USA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gentooP4 wrote:
If it has a clear incitement to commit violence then yeah I think it should. The bible ticks this box too.

Not for Christians, it doesn't.
_________________
Git has obsoleted SVN.
10mm Auto has obsoleted 45 ACP.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 1001
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HungGarTiger wrote:
Unfortunately the Muslim leaders here aren't wasting any time in blaming us Jews for this atrocity.


Obviously the lunatic wearing Nazi occult symbols is a Jew. Isn't that the norm? Don't you wear a big "Schwarze Sonne" when you go to Temple?

HungGarTiger wrote:
It's a shame nobody is really talking about this though, in fact just by posting this I'm probably breaking our new hate speech laws as we know based on how these laws are used in the UK "hate speech" is pretty much just a euphemism for "anti-Islam."


That old saying about knowing who controls you by what you aren't allowed to criticize holds true. The Multi-kulti bunch demand that you celebrate Islam. Why aren't you wearing a head scarf today?
_________________
"You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think" ~ Dorothy Parker
"It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes." ~ Senator Ted Stevens describing the Internet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gentooP4
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Posts: 182
Location: NZ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NRA at it again

http://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/police-probe-fake-online-submissions-for-handing-in-guns/ar-BBVgMVg?ocid=ientp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 1001
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, lovely New Zealand, kicking out people with Downs Syndrome.

Woman who was headhunted for £74,000-a-year IT job in New Zealand has her dream move shattered when her 15-year-old daughter is rejected for a visa because she has Down's Syndrome

So much compassion.

gentooP4 wrote:
NRA at it again

http://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/police-probe-fake-online-submissions-for-handing-in-guns/ar-BBVgMVg?ocid=ientp


FFS, that's not the NRA you... exceptional individual, it's the chans. If your government posts something that stupid online, of course anyone with a sense of humor and free time will have fun with it.

I'd link you to the threads talking about it, laughing, but you can't even see them because you agree with your lolgov's censorship and haven't adjusted your DNS yet.
_________________
"You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think" ~ Dorothy Parker
"It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes." ~ Senator Ted Stevens describing the Internet


Last edited by Muso on Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gentooP4
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Posts: 182
Location: NZ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
gentooP4 wrote:
If it has a clear incitement to commit violence then yeah I think it should. The bible ticks this box too.
So you are a book burner too. Interesting.


That was the Nazi's wasn't it?

I'm all for free speech, just not hate speech.

Sorry if you can't get your head around the difference :roll:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 1001
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gentooP4 wrote:
I'm all for free speech, just not hate speech.


That means you are not for free speech. Hate speech is just free speech you disagree with.
_________________
"You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think" ~ Dorothy Parker
"It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes." ~ Senator Ted Stevens describing the Internet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gentooP4
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Posts: 182
Location: NZ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
Ah, lovely New Zealand, kicking out people with Downs Syndrome.

Woman who was headhunted for £74,000-a-year IT job in New Zealand has her dream move shattered when her 15-year-old daughter is rejected for a visa because she has Down's Syndrome

So much compassion.


Don't care, don't have all the facts. I guess you're more concerned about this than 50 people gunned down. :roll:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gentooP4
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Posts: 182
Location: NZ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
gentooP4 wrote:
I'm all for free speech, just not hate speech.


That means you are not for free speech. Hate speech is just free speech you disagree with.


I disagree with a lot of free speech, that doesn't make it hate speech
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 23 Mar 2004
Posts: 1261
Location: Idaho, USA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gentooP4 wrote:
NRA at it again

http://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/police-probe-fake-online-submissions-for-handing-in-guns/ar-BBVgMVg?ocid=ientp

8O
_________________
Git has obsoleted SVN.
10mm Auto has obsoleted 45 ACP.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 245
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gentooP4 wrote:
Old School wrote:
gentooP4 wrote:
If it has a clear incitement to commit violence then yeah I think it should. The bible ticks this box too.
So you are a book burner too. Interesting.


That was the Nazi's wasn't it?

Hey, if the shoes fits, then wear them.
_________________
The Future Ain't What It Used To Be

Christmas Lights Are Like Jeffrey Epstein, They Don't Hang Themselves.

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 763
Location: EU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wswartzendruber wrote:
juniper wrote:
it doesn't fit the left is always wrong and violent narrative here.

No, the left is just violent most of the time. Did anyone here actually say the left is always violent?


When some idiot SJW posts she is sad about something, that apparently is newsworthy here.

When some racist shoots up a mosque? not so much.
_________________
wswartzendruber wrote:
Well, every group has its nutjobs, and the Second Amendment crowd is no exception.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 763
Location: EU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HungGarTiger wrote:
Unfortunately the Muslim leaders here aren't wasting any time in blaming us Jews for this atrocity. We were quick to extend our hand in friendship and brotherhood over this situation and they have spat in our face.

It's a shame nobody is really talking about this though, in fact just by posting this I'm probably breaking our new hate speech laws as we know based on how these laws are used in the UK "hate speech" is pretty much just a euphemism for "anti-Islam."


is blaming mossad the same as blaming jews?
_________________
wswartzendruber wrote:
Well, every group has its nutjobs, and the Second Amendment crowd is no exception.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 1001
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
HungGarTiger wrote:
Unfortunately the Muslim leaders here aren't wasting any time in blaming us Jews for this atrocity. We were quick to extend our hand in friendship and brotherhood over this situation and they have spat in our face.

It's a shame nobody is really talking about this though, in fact just by posting this I'm probably breaking our new hate speech laws as we know based on how these laws are used in the UK "hate speech" is pretty much just a euphemism for "anti-Islam."


is blaming mossad the same as blaming jews?


Do you think the Mossad is some bogeyman?
_________________
"You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think" ~ Dorothy Parker
"It's not a big truck. It's a series of tubes." ~ Senator Ted Stevens describing the Internet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Doctor
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 27 Jul 2010
Posts: 2600

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gentooP4 wrote:
Preventing radicalism is the goal of restricting peoples access to abhorrent ideas
Only one problem: it has never worked and it never will work.

All you achieve is driving the conversation underground. There people running across the idea will find no counter point and assume that is because none exists. Therefore the idea will be embraced and you get radicalization.

By giving everyone the opportunity to present their idea and then mercilessly tearing it apart with logic and reason you get everyone to accept that the bad ideas are wrong because they can see it and know it.
_________________
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

Apologies if I take a while to respond. I'm currently working on the dematerialization circuit for my blue box.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Doctor
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 27 Jul 2010
Posts: 2600

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, this just posted. Just. Watch. It.
_________________
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

Apologies if I take a while to respond. I'm currently working on the dematerialization circuit for my blue box.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum