Screen ruler / measurement tool
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hansfn
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject: Screen ruler / measurement tool Reply with quote

I need a general (non-browser) based tool to measure size of objects on the screen. (Taking a screen shot and opening the image in an image editor is to cumbersome.)

I have looked at several options:

• KRuler - probably OK if you use KDE. I use Xfce and don't want all the KDE dependencies that KRuler pulls in.
  • ScreenRuler - seems outdated / unmaintained. Doesn't run on Ruby 2.3 / 2.4 without patches. (No ebuild - because it is unmaintained?)
  • xscreenruler - didnt' work properly. (Couldn't move the ruler where I wanted.)
  • slop (Select Operation) - worked as advertised and has an ebuild. Pretty acurate; easy to move the starting point of the selection with arrows.

I ended up using slop. Are there other, better options? Options that work well with Gentoo preferred.

PS! maim (based on slop) seems like a good replacement for scrot, but as I said initially - I don't want to take screen shot.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: