Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muso
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
Yes. For the first 30 minutes, I'll summarize with two quotes: "pencilneck" and "bullshit."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm glad he did this
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
Steel was NOT hired by the Republicans. The GOP opposition was through FusionGPS and Steele did not get involved until the Clinton campaign hired him, at the same time Clinton was colluding with the Ukrainians. You really need to reevaluate your "facts" because they are false.
Ok, ok
As a german leftist I am not into it. But at the same time
Quote:
That happens quite often with people suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome.
I am

not suffering a Trump Arrangement Syndrome

therefore! Just asking: The Barr 4 pages long letter, why do you trust it describing the essence of a thick book Muller delivered?
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And besides: As a leftist I see common authoritarian ground between Trump, Putin and Bolsonaro. I can see them confronting China together. There is no future for Nato. Much against common believes in Germany I make the case lonely for a stronger military as source of independency.

There is no doubt Putin has offered company when they were using the keyword adoption in Trump tower. This russian adoption embargo had previously been a tit for tat.
o'bogamol
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Muso

"Buy American, Hire American"
"Jobs Jobs Jobs"

12 years ago that would have been a rally for democrats.
big dave
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
I am not suffering a Trump Arrangement Syndrome therefore! Just asking: The Barr 4 pages long letter, why do you trust it describing the essence of a thick book Muller delivered?

that's trump derangement syndrome. and yes you are suffering from it. i literally cited barr's summary where he cites mueller word for word.
Quote:
As the report states: "[T]he investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."

and yet you're still going on like collusion was not debunked and barr is misrepresenting the mueller report... pure TDS.
Muso
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o'bogamol wrote:
@Muso

"Buy American, Hire American"
"Jobs Jobs Jobs"

12 years ago that would have been a rally for democrats.

Indeed. And look at the democrats today... actually pushing away unions.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:

therefore! Just asking: The Barr 4 pages long letter, why do you trust it describing the essence of a thick book Muller delivered?

Very simple. If there was something in the Barr memo that was false or misleading, Mueller or one of the dozens of attorneys that worked on the investigation would hold a press conference and say so.

But that has not happened, has it.

Christmas Lights Are Like Jeffrey Epstein, They Don't Hang Themselves.

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand, Barr (apparently) mentioned that the report made no statements about obstruction. That's what we'll hear about for the next ~2-6 years (or ~3-4 if they win next year). I don't believe they'll ever acknowledge having been wrong.
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it just a humongous dividence about nothing. Just some academics putting their shit out.
Not even knowing what they want and want to do. Blindfolded attempt to grasp the reality they cannot see.
Aaaaand - done.
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
ulenrich wrote:

Very simple. If there was something in the Barr memo that was false or misleading, Mueller or one of the dozens of attorneys that worked on the investigation would hold a press conference and say so.

I wouldn't think Mueller and his collegues were allowed to such info "leak" but Congress. And I have learned Pelosi assumes this Barr letter not the full truth, like me above I had stated this letter is nothing more than an interview of the OJ defense after the murder trial.
But this hour it just was announced the public will get the Mueller report in two weeks time. In strategy against Trump I would not impeach or investigate the obstruction for years to come. But as member of parliament I would sencerely ask, because I would like to know: Why the hell obstruction against the investigation of collusion with the russians took place from Trump side and so many others of his team.
Colbert espressed his confusion in funny terms: He behaved like a duck, talked like a duck and he is not a duck. Why the hell. A new theory about could emerge: Trump deflected being unpresidential. But I am clueless about it I must say. And I would prefer like Glenn Greenwald to have more investigations regarding corruption cases.
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big dave wrote:
ulenrich wrote:
I am not suffering a Trump Arrangement Syndrome therefore!

that's trump derangement syndrome. and yes you are suffering from it.

I never did say I am not suffering from it. Please carefully read my words! (Ok, sometimes my bad english might produce errors, but not in the sentence above.)
Many voters of Trump would not tolerate any of his behavior in the family.
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McGruff about?
Besides of that: I will only surrender to love!
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Maher to the point yesterday: "There was no crime. There might have been obstruction to a crime, which wasn't a crime. - I don't get it."
So, also inside the U.S. there are people like me not having the Trump Arrangement Syndrom. This seems normal to me. But still guys like me do not understand anything. Perhaps the other way round thinking could help me better: What if some more clarification of me having the Trump Derangement Syndrom could help me rationalizing the situation.

(But I suspect someone having the Arrangement illness cannot accomplish that for me, because I am color blind to the fancy miracle colors in the pictures he drew for me.)
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and: Barr did lie!
Actually nobody injured with Trump Arrangement Syndrome could imagine that. I am deeply sorry for @Old School on this, because there is no cure available. Sorry!
ulenrich wrote:
William Barr giving his interpretation of the report is perhaps like
how OJ advocates answered after the murder trial ! ...
But the OJ defense team was way better than General Attorney Barr. They knew their case in and out for winning their legal fight. Barr instead feels pissed off and doesn't want the exposure any more.
Barr recursed to the old Nixon style argument:
The president is the law. Trump decides to be investigated.

Anybody too old school to know: The king argument is pre american revolution! (Yes, you had a revolution)
Muso
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The insanity of the democrat party knows no bounds.

Now that all of their ridiculous theories have been debunked, their last two straws are that Trump didn't cooperate enough when the FBI was trying to frame him, and Barr lied when he not only (correctly) described the findings of the report to congress, but when asked to release the first 16 pages, instead released the entire report (which contained the 16 pages the Mueller requested be released).

Anyone still on this (and you know who you are) has reached the point of religious fanaticism.
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... and: Barr did lie about his discussion with Mueller to Congress!
Old School wrote:
ulenrich wrote:

The weeks old Mueller letter expressing his discomfort with Barr now illegaly leaked to the public. (Obviously investigations needed to find the leaks of the conservative deep state.)
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:

What lie?

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
ulenrich wrote:

What lie?
On April the 10. Barr lied to Sen. Van Hollen, who had asked if there was any objection to Barrs conclusion regarding obstruction of justice, he wrote about in the 4 pages summury of the Mueller report. At that time the letter of discontent from Mueller to Barr was long delivered. But the letter was unknown to the public 3 weeks ago.

At the end (3:00 minute) of this april 10. senate session video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTUnBho67R4
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ulenrich wrote:
Old School wrote:
ulenrich wrote:

What lie?
On April the 10. Barr lied to Sen. Van Hollen, who had asked if there was any objection to Barrs conclusion regarding obstruction of justice, he wrote about in the 4 pages summury of the Mueller report. At that time the letter of discontent from Mueller to Barr was long delivered. But the letter was unknown to the public 3 weeks ago.

Mueller did not object to Barr's summary. He just wished Barr would have included the forward to the report, and asked Barr to do so. Barr did one better. He released the whole flippin' report!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHBVl5U4pU0

George Orwell
Muso
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
ulenrich wrote:
Old School wrote:
ulenrich wrote:

What lie?

Mueller did not object to Barr's summary. He just wished Barr would have included the forward to the report, and asked Barr to do so. Barr did one better. He released the whole flippin' report!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHBVl5U4pU0

It's like arguing with a Flat Earth "truther".
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want an example of lying to Congress?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwiUVUJmGjs

George Orwell
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ukrainian government admits they were approached by Hillary Clinton campaign and DNC to gather dirt on candidate Donald Trump.

George Orwell
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
You want an example of lying to Congress?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwiUVUJmGjs
It'd be great to have Wyden ask Clapper if he lied of his own volition or if he did so due to an external motivator.
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sen. Josh Hawley wrote:

It’s because an unelected bureaucrat — an unelected official in this government who clearly has open disdain if not outright hatred for Trump voters, like the people of my state for instance — ‘I could smell the Trump support’? Then tried to overturn the results of a democratic election, that’s what’s really gone on here. That’s the story.

That’s why we’re here today. I cannot believe that a top official of this government with the kind of power that these people had would exercise their own prejudices, and that’s what this is — it’s open, blatant prejudice — would try to use that and try to overturn a democratic election, and to my mind, that’s the real crisis here, and it is a crisis.

Because if there’s not accountability — if this can go on in the United States of America, then my goodness gracious, we don’t have a democracy anymore. SO I appreciate your leadership Attorney General, I look forward to hearing the results of your investigation, and I look forward to this committee continuing its constitutional responsibility to find out what is going on here and making sure the will of the people is vindicated and established.

it really doesn't matter whether you like Trump or not, whether you agree with his policies or how he goes about it. He was elected and what transpired afterwards should be an embarrassment to every American and anyone in the world that respects the democratic process. The want of the statistical insignificant does not overrule the will of the many. Those that believe in democracy should be advocating Trump's legitimacy in office (sure berate him if you want) and pushing to really expose what the Democrats, FBI and Obama did to ensure this NEVER happens again
Muso
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
Sen. Josh Hawley wrote:

It’s because an unelected bureaucrat — an unelected official in this government who clearly has open disdain if not outright hatred for Trump voters, like the people of my state for instance — ‘I could smell the Trump support’? Then tried to overturn the results of a democratic election, that’s what’s really gone on here. That’s the story.

That’s why we’re here today. I cannot believe that a top official of this government with the kind of power that these people had would exercise their own prejudices, and that’s what this is — it’s open, blatant prejudice — would try to use that and try to overturn a democratic election, and to my mind, that’s the real crisis here, and it is a crisis.

Because if there’s not accountability — if this can go on in the United States of America, then my goodness gracious, we don’t have a democracy anymore. SO I appreciate your leadership Attorney General, I look forward to hearing the results of your investigation, and I look forward to this committee continuing its constitutional responsibility to find out what is going on here and making sure the will of the people is vindicated and established.

it really doesn't matter whether you like Trump or not, whether you agree with his policies or how he goes about it. He was elected and what transpired afterwards should be an embarrassment to every American and anyone in the world that respects the democratic process. The want of the statistical insignificant does not overrule the will of the many. Those that believe in democracy should be advocating Trump's legitimacy in office (sure berate him if you want) and pushing to really expose what the Democrats, FBI and Obama did to ensure this NEVER happens again

++

This, absolutely.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: