dev-util/electron-2.0.10 fails to emerge
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jt0
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject: dev-util/electron-2.0.10 fails to emerge Reply with quote

I'm trying to install Atom, but it pulls in Electron, which fails to compile. The error I get is:
Code:
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
 * ERROR: dev-util/electron-2.0.10::gentoo failed (compile phase):
 *   (no error message)
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line  124:  Called src_compile
 *   environment, line 5115:  Called eninja '-C' '/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/electron-2.0.10/work/electron-2.0.10/chromium/out/Release' 'chromiumcontent:chromiumcontent'
 *   environment, line 1935:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       "$@" || die
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=dev-util/electron-2.0.10::gentoo'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=dev-util/electron-2.0.10::gentoo'`.
 * MemTotal:       16258012 kB
 * SwapTotal:       4194300 kB
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/electron-2.0.10/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/electron-2.0.10/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/electron-2.0.10/work/electron-2.0.10/chromium'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/electron-2.0.10/work/electron-2.0.10'

>>> Failed to emerge dev-util/electron-2.0.10, Log file:

>>>  '/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/electron-2.0.10/temp/build.log'

* Messages for package dev-util/electron-2.0.10:

* ERROR: dev-util/electron-2.0.10::gentoo failed (compile phase):
 *   (no error message)
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line  124:  Called src_compile
 *   environment, line 5115:  Called eninja '-C' '/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/electron-2.0.10/work/electron-2.0.10/chromium/out/Release' 'chromiumcontent:chromiumcontent'
 *   environment, line 1935:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       "$@" || die
 * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info '=dev-util/electron-2.0.10::gentoo'`,
 * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv '=dev-util/electron-2.0.10::gentoo'`.
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/electron-2.0.10/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/electron-2.0.10/temp/environment'.
 * Working directory: '/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/electron-2.0.10/work/electron-2.0.10/chromium'
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/electron-2.0.10/work/electron-2.0.10'

emerge --info: https://pastebin.com/L72usKY3

emerge -pqv:
Code:
$ emerge -pqv '=dev-util/electron-2.0.10::gentoo'
[ebuild  N    ] dev-util/electron-2.0.10  USE="cups proprietary-codecs pulseaudio system-ffmpeg tcmalloc -custom-cflags -gconf -gnome-keyring -kerberos -lto (-neon) -pic (-selinux) -test" L10N="-am -ar -bg -bn -ca -cs -da -de -el -en-GB -es -es-419 -et -fa -fi -fil -fr -gu -he -hi -hr -hu -id -it -ja -kn -ko -lt -lv -ml -mr -ms -nb -nl -pl -pt-BR -pt-PT -ro -ru -sk -sl -sr -sv -sw -ta -te -th -tr -uk -vi -zh-CN -zh-TW"

The build log is ~15MB, so I'd like to avoid uploading it unless necessary. The only place within it that I found "error" that was actually an error message was here:
Code:
FAILED: obj/media/ffmpeg/ffmpeg/ffmpeg_common.o
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -MMD -MF obj/media/ffmpeg/ffmpeg/ffmpeg_common.o.d -DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS -DUSE_UDEV -DUSE_AURA=1 -DUSE_PANGO=1 -DUSE_CAIRO=1 -DUSE_GLIB=1 -DUSE_NSS_CERTS=1 -DUSE_X11=1 -DDISABLE_NACL -DFULL_SAFE_BROWSING -DSAFE_BROWSING_CSD -DSAFE_BROWSING_DB$
../../media/ffmpeg/ffmpeg_common.cc:36:46: error: ‘FF_INPUT_BUFFER_PADDING_SIZE’ was not declared in this scope
 static_assert(DecoderBuffer::kPaddingSize >= FF_INPUT_BUFFER_PADDING_SIZE,
                                              ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
../../media/ffmpeg/ffmpeg_common.cc:36:46: note: suggested alternative: ‘AV_INPUT_BUFFER_PADDING_SIZE’
 static_assert(DecoderBuffer::kPaddingSize >= FF_INPUT_BUFFER_PADDING_SIZE,
                                              AV_INPUT_BUFFER_PADDING_SIZE
../../media/ffmpeg/ffmpeg_common.cc: In function ‘void media::AudioDecoderConfigToAVCodecContext(const media::AudioDecoderConfig&, AVCodecContext*)’:
../../media/ffmpeg/ffmpeg_common.cc:447:48: error: ‘FF_INPUT_BUFFER_PADDING_SIZE’ was not declared in this scope
         av_malloc(config.extra_data().size() + FF_INPUT_BUFFER_PADDING_SIZE));
../../media/ffmpeg/ffmpeg_common.cc:447:48: note: suggested alternative: ‘AV_INPUT_BUFFER_PADDING_SIZE’
../../media/ffmpeg/ffmpeg_common.cc: In function ‘void media::VideoDecoderConfigToAVCodecContext(const media::VideoDecoderConfig&, AVCodecContext*)’:
../../media/ffmpeg/ffmpeg_common.cc:588:48: error: ‘FF_INPUT_BUFFER_PADDING_SIZE’ was not declared in this scope
../../media/ffmpeg/ffmpeg_common.cc:588:48: note: suggested alternative: ‘AV_INPUT_BUFFER_PADDING_SIZE’

Are there any known issues with Electron? I couldn't find anything on Bugzilla that seemed to match this error.
fedeliallalinea
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What ffmpeg version you installed?

See also https://www.reddit.com/r/Gentoo/comments/a3fj0j/cant_compile_electron_2x_there_is_an_issue_when/
Jt0
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4.1.1. That Reddit thread looks like the problem I'm having, but I'd like to use my system ffmpeg if possible.
fedeliallalinea
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jt0 wrote:
4.1.1. That Reddit thread looks like the problem I'm having, but I'd like to use my system ffmpeg if possible.

I'm not sure but probably you should patch this electron version for use it with ffmpeg-4.
Another way is downgrade, if possible, ffmpg to stable 3.3.6 version.
Jt0
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I didn't realize there was a major version difference between the stable and testing versions of ffmpeg, so it makes sense that the system version wouldn't work for an ~amd64 system.

I went ahead and disabled the system-ffmpeg use flag just to be able to install Atom for now, but even with that flag disabled it fails to compile:

Code:
[45/97] x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -MMD -MF obj/vendor/node/src/node.node.o.d '-DNODE_ARCH="x64"' '-DNODE_PLATFORM="linux"' -DNODE_WANT_INTERNALS=1 -DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1 -DNODE_SHARED_MODE -DNODE_USE_V8_PLATFORM=1 -DNODE_HAVE_I18N_SUPPORT=1 -DHAVE_INSPECTOR=1 -DHAVE_OPENSSL=1 -D__POSIX__ -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112 -DBUILDING_V8_SHARED -DBUILDING_V8_PLATFORM_SHARED -DBUILDING_V8_BASE_SHARED -DNODE_WITHOUT_NODE_OPTIONS -DV8_USE_EXTERNAL_STARTUP_DATA -DV8_PROMISE_INTERNAL_FIELD_COUNT=1 -DSK_SUPPORT_LEGACY_GETTOPDEVICE -DSK_SUPPORT_LEGACY_BITMAP_CONFIG -DSK_SUPPORT_LEGACY_DEVICE_VIRTUAL_ISOPAQUE -DSK_SUPPORT_LEGACY_N32_NAME -DSK_SUPPORT_LEGACY_SETCONFIG -DSK_IGNORE_ETC1_SUPPORT -DSK_IGNORE_GPU_DITHER -DDISABLE_NACL -DTOOLKIT_VIEWS -DUSE_AURA -DUSE_X11 -DUSE_NSS_CERTS -DUSE_NSS -DWEBRTC_POSIX -DUCHAR_TYPE=uint16_t -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -DWEBRTC_LINUX -DNDEBUG -I../../chromium/v8/include -I../../vendor/node/src -I../../vendor/node/tools/msvs/genfiles -Igen -I../../vendor/node/deps/uv/include -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/electron-2.0.10/work/electron-2.0.10/chromium -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/electron-2.0.10/work/electron-2.0.10/chromium/third_party/icu/source/common -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/electron-2.0.10/work/electron-2.0.10/chromium/third_party/icu/source/i18n -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/electron-2.0.10/work/electron-2.0.10/chromium/v8 -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/electron-2.0.10/work/electron-2.0.10/chromium/v8/include -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -m64 -fPIC -Wno-unused-function -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unused-value -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-return-type -Wno-format -Wno-varargs -fPIC -m64 -march=x86-64 -march=skylake -O2 -pipe -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -std=gnu++0x -D__STRICT_ANSI__ -fno-rtti  -c ../../vendor/node/src/node.cc -o obj/vendor/node/src/node.node.o
FAILED: obj/vendor/node/src/node.node.o
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -MMD -MF obj/vendor/node/src/node.node.o.d '-DNODE_ARCH="x64"' '-DNODE_PLATFORM="linux"' -DNODE_WANT_INTERNALS=1 -DV8_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS=1 -DNODE_SHARED_MODE -DNODE_USE_V8_PLATFORM=1 -DNODE_HAVE_I18N_SUPPORT=1 -DHAVE_INSPECTOR=1 -DHAVE_OPENSSL=1 -D__POSIX__ -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112 -DBUILDING_V8_SHARED -DBUILDING_V8_PLATFORM_SHARED -DBUILDING_V8_BASE_SHARED -DNODE_WITHOUT_NODE_OPTIONS -DV8_USE_EXTERNAL_STARTUP_DATA -DV8_PROMISE_INTERNAL_FIELD_COUNT=1 -DSK_SUPPORT_LEGACY_GETTOPDEVICE -DSK_SUPPORT_LEGACY_BITMAP_CONFIG -DSK_SUPPORT_LEGACY_DEVICE_VIRTUAL_ISOPAQUE -DSK_SUPPORT_LEGACY_N32_NAME -DSK_SUPPORT_LEGACY_SETCONFIG -DSK_IGNORE_ETC1_SUPPORT -DSK_IGNORE_GPU_DITHER -DDISABLE_NACL -DTOOLKIT_VIEWS -DUSE_AURA -DUSE_X11 -DUSE_NSS_CERTS -DUSE_NSS -DWEBRTC_POSIX -DUCHAR_TYPE=uint16_t -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -DWEBRTC_LINUX -DNDEBUG -I../../chromium/v8/include -I../../vendor/node/src -I../../vendor/node/tools/msvs/genfiles -Igen -I../../vendor/node/deps/uv/include -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/electron-2.0.10/work/electron-2.0.10/chromium -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/electron-2.0.10/work/electron-2.0.10/chromium/third_party/icu/source/common -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/electron-2.0.10/work/electron-2.0.10/chromium/third_party/icu/source/i18n -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/electron-2.0.10/work/electron-2.0.10/chromium/v8 -I/var/tmp/portage/dev-util/electron-2.0.10/work/electron-2.0.10/chromium/v8/include -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wno-unused-parameter -m64 -fPIC -Wno-unused-function -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unused-value -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-return-type -Wno-format -Wno-varargs -fPIC -m64 -march=x86-64 -march=skylake -O2 -pipe -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -std=gnu++0x -D__STRICT_ANSI__ -fno-rtti  -c ../../vendor/node/src/node.cc -o obj/vendor/node/src/node.node.o
In file included from ../../vendor/node/src/node.h:63,
                 from ../../vendor/node/src/node_buffer.h:25,
                 from ../../vendor/node/src/node.cc:22:
../../chromium/v8/include/v8.h: In static member function ‘static void v8::V8::SetAllowCodeGenerationFromStringsCallback(v8::DeprecatedAllowCodeGenerationFromStringsCallback)’:
../../chromium/v8/include/v8.h:10176:19: warning: cast between incompatible function types from ‘v8::DeprecatedAllowCodeGenerationFromStringsCallback’ {aka ‘bool (*)(v8::Local<v8::Context>)’} to ‘v8::FreshNewAllowCodeGenerationFromStringsCallback’ {aka ‘bool (*)(v8::Local<v8::Context>, v8::Local<v8::String>)’} [-Wcast-function-type]
           callback));
                   ^
../../chromium/v8/include/v8.h: In static member function ‘static void v8::V8::RemoveGCPrologueCallback(v8::GCCallback)’:
../../chromium/v8/include/v8.h:10221:53: warning: cast between incompatible function types from ‘v8::GCCallback’ {aka ‘void (*)(v8::GCType, v8::GCCallbackFlags)’} to ‘v8::Isolate::GCCallback’ {aka ‘void (*)(v8::Isolate*, v8::GCType, v8::GCCallbackFlags)’} [-Wcast-function-type]
       reinterpret_cast<Isolate::GCCallback>(callback));
                                                     ^
../../chromium/v8/include/v8.h: In static member function ‘static void v8::V8::RemoveGCEpilogueCallback(v8::GCCallback)’:
../../chromium/v8/include/v8.h:10228:53: warning: cast between incompatible function types from ‘v8::GCCallback’ {aka ‘void (*)(v8::GCType, v8::GCCallbackFlags)’} to ‘v8::Isolate::GCCallback’ {aka ‘void (*)(v8::Isolate*, v8::GCType, v8::GCCallbackFlags)’} [-Wcast-function-type]
       reinterpret_cast<Isolate::GCCallback>(callback));
                                                     ^
In file included from ../../vendor/node/src/node.cc:37:
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h: At global scope:
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h:109:54: error: invalid application of ‘sizeof’ to incomplete type ‘SSL_CTX’ {aka ‘ssl_ctx_st’}
   static const int64_t kExternalSize = sizeof(SSL_CTX);
                                                      ^
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h:226:17: error: invalid application of ‘sizeof’ to incomplete type ‘SSL’ {aka ‘ssl_st’}
       sizeof(SSL) + sizeof(SSL3_STATE) + 42 * 1024;
                 ^
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h:226:28: error: ‘SSL3_STATE’ was not declared in this scope
                            ^~~~~~~~~~
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h:226:28: note: suggested alternative: ‘ERR_STATE’
                            ^~~~~~~~~~
                            ERR_STATE
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h:472:18: error: field ‘ctx_’ has incomplete type ‘EVP_CIPHER_CTX’ {aka ‘evp_cipher_ctx_st’}
   EVP_CIPHER_CTX ctx_; /* coverity[member_decl] */
                  ^~~~
In file included from /usr/include/openssl/crypto.h:31,
                 from /usr/include/openssl/comp.h:16,
                 from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:47,
                 from ../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h:39,
                 from ../../vendor/node/src/node.cc:37:
/usr/include/openssl/ossl_typ.h:90:16: note: forward declaration of ‘EVP_CIPHER_CTX’ {aka ‘struct evp_cipher_ctx_st’}
 typedef struct evp_cipher_ctx_st EVP_CIPHER_CTX;
                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h:505:12: error: field ‘ctx_’ has incomplete type ‘HMAC_CTX’ {aka ‘hmac_ctx_st’}
   HMAC_CTX ctx_; /* coverity[member_decl] */
            ^~~~
/usr/include/openssl/ossl_typ.h:102:16: note: forward declaration of ‘HMAC_CTX’ {aka ‘struct hmac_ctx_st’}
 typedef struct hmac_ctx_st HMAC_CTX;
                ^~~~~~~~~~~
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h: In destructor ‘virtual node::crypto::Hmac::~Hmac()’:
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h:484:5: error: ‘HMAC_CTX_cleanup’ was not declared in this scope
     HMAC_CTX_cleanup(&ctx_);
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h:484:5: note: suggested alternative: ‘HMAC_CTX_get_md’
     HMAC_CTX_cleanup(&ctx_);
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     HMAC_CTX_get_md
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h:534:14: error: field ‘mdctx_’ has incomplete type ‘EVP_MD_CTX’ {aka ‘evp_md_ctx_st’}
   EVP_MD_CTX mdctx_; /* coverity[member_decl] */
              ^~~~~~
/usr/include/openssl/ossl_typ.h:92:16: note: forward declaration of ‘EVP_MD_CTX’ {aka ‘struct evp_md_ctx_st’}
 typedef struct evp_md_ctx_st EVP_MD_CTX;
                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h: In destructor ‘virtual node::crypto::Hash::~Hash()’:
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h:514:5: error: ‘EVP_MD_CTX_cleanup’ was not declared in this scope
     EVP_MD_CTX_cleanup(&mdctx_);
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h:514:5: note: suggested alternative: ‘EVP_MD_CTX_create’
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     EVP_MD_CTX_create
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h:565:14: error: field ‘mdctx_’ has incomplete type ‘EVP_MD_CTX’ {aka ‘evp_md_ctx_st’}
   EVP_MD_CTX mdctx_; /* coverity[member_decl] */
              ^~~~~~
/usr/include/openssl/ossl_typ.h:92:16: note: forward declaration of ‘EVP_MD_CTX’ {aka ‘struct evp_md_ctx_st’}
 typedef struct evp_md_ctx_st EVP_MD_CTX;
                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h: In destructor ‘virtual node::crypto::SignBase::~SignBase()’:
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h:559:5: error: ‘EVP_MD_CTX_cleanup’ was not declared in this scope
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h:559:5: note: suggested alternative: ‘EVP_MD_CTX_create’
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
     EVP_MD_CTX_create
In file included from ../../vendor/node/src/node.h:63,
                 from ../../vendor/node/src/node_buffer.h:25,
                 from ../../vendor/node/src/node.cc:22:
../../chromium/v8/include/v8.h: In instantiation of ‘void v8::PersistentBase<T>::SetWeak(P*, typename v8::WeakCallbackInfo<P>::Callback, v8::WeakCallbackType) [with P = node::performance::PerformanceEntry; T = v8::Object; typename v8::WeakCallbackInfo<P>::Callback = void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::performance::PerformanceEntry>&)]’:
../../vendor/node/src/base-object-inl.h:81:3:   required from ‘void node::BaseObject::MakeWeak(Type*) [with Type = node::performance::PerformanceEntry]’
../../vendor/node/src/node_perf.h:116:36:   required from here
../../chromium/v8/include/v8.h:9199:16: warning: cast between incompatible function types from ‘v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::performance::PerformanceEntry>::Callback’ {aka ‘void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::performance::PerformanceEntry>&)’} to ‘Callback’ {aka ‘void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<void>&)’} [-Wcast-function-type]
                reinterpret_cast<Callback>(callback), type);
                ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
../../chromium/v8/include/v8.h: In instantiation of ‘void v8::PersistentBase<T>::SetWeak(P*, typename v8::WeakCallbackInfo<P>::Callback, v8::WeakCallbackType) [with P = node::crypto::SecureContext; T = v8::Object; typename v8::WeakCallbackInfo<P>::Callback = void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::crypto::SecureContext>&)]’:
../../vendor/node/src/base-object-inl.h:81:3:   required from ‘void node::BaseObject::MakeWeak(Type*) [with Type = node::crypto::SecureContext]’
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h:151:33:   required from here
../../chromium/v8/include/v8.h:9199:16: warning: cast between incompatible function types from ‘v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::crypto::SecureContext>::Callback’ {aka ‘void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::crypto::SecureContext>&)’} to ‘Callback’ {aka ‘void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<void>&)’} [-Wcast-function-type]
../../chromium/v8/include/v8.h: In instantiation of ‘void v8::PersistentBase<T>::SetWeak(P*, typename v8::WeakCallbackInfo<P>::Callback, v8::WeakCallbackType) [with P = node::crypto::Connection; T = v8::Object; typename v8::WeakCallbackInfo<P>::Callback = void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::crypto::Connection>&)]’:
../../vendor/node/src/base-object-inl.h:81:3:   required from ‘void node::BaseObject::MakeWeak(Type*) [with Type = node::crypto::Connection]’
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h:400:30:   required from here
../../chromium/v8/include/v8.h:9199:16: warning: cast between incompatible function types from ‘v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::crypto::Connection>::Callback’ {aka ‘void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::crypto::Connection>&)’} to ‘Callback’ {aka ‘void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<void>&)’} [-Wcast-function-type]
../../chromium/v8/include/v8.h: In instantiation of ‘void v8::PersistentBase<T>::SetWeak(P*, typename v8::WeakCallbackInfo<P>::Callback, v8::WeakCallbackType) [with P = node::crypto::CipherBase; T = v8::Object; typename v8::WeakCallbackInfo<P>::Callback = void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::crypto::CipherBase>&)]’:
../../vendor/node/src/base-object-inl.h:81:3:   required from ‘void node::BaseObject::MakeWeak(Type*) [with Type = node::crypto::CipherBase]’
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h:468:30:   required from here
../../chromium/v8/include/v8.h:9199:16: warning: cast between incompatible function types from ‘v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::crypto::CipherBase>::Callback’ {aka ‘void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::crypto::CipherBase>&)’} to ‘Callback’ {aka ‘void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<void>&)’} [-Wcast-function-type]
../../chromium/v8/include/v8.h: In instantiation of ‘void v8::PersistentBase<T>::SetWeak(P*, typename v8::WeakCallbackInfo<P>::Callback, v8::WeakCallbackType) [with P = node::crypto::Hmac; T = v8::Object; typename v8::WeakCallbackInfo<P>::Callback = void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::crypto::Hmac>&)]’:
../../vendor/node/src/base-object-inl.h:81:3:   required from ‘void node::BaseObject::MakeWeak(Type*) [with Type = node::crypto::Hmac]’
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h:501:24:   required from here
../../chromium/v8/include/v8.h:9199:16: warning: cast between incompatible function types from ‘v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::crypto::Hmac>::Callback’ {aka ‘void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::crypto::Hmac>&)’} to ‘Callback’ {aka ‘void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<void>&)’} [-Wcast-function-type]
../../chromium/v8/include/v8.h: In instantiation of ‘void v8::PersistentBase<T>::SetWeak(P*, typename v8::WeakCallbackInfo<P>::Callback, v8::WeakCallbackType) [with P = node::crypto::Hash; T = v8::Object; typename v8::WeakCallbackInfo<P>::Callback = void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::crypto::Hash>&)]’:
../../vendor/node/src/base-object-inl.h:81:3:   required from ‘void node::BaseObject::MakeWeak(Type*) [with Type = node::crypto::Hash]’
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h:530:24:   required from here
../../chromium/v8/include/v8.h:9199:16: warning: cast between incompatible function types from ‘v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::crypto::Hash>::Callback’ {aka ‘void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::crypto::Hash>&)’} to ‘Callback’ {aka ‘void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<void>&)’} [-Wcast-function-type]
../../chromium/v8/include/v8.h: In instantiation of ‘void v8::PersistentBase<T>::SetWeak(P*, typename v8::WeakCallbackInfo<P>::Callback, v8::WeakCallbackType) [with P = node::crypto::Sign; T = v8::Object; typename v8::WeakCallbackInfo<P>::Callback = void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::crypto::Sign>&)]’:
../../vendor/node/src/base-object-inl.h:81:3:   required from ‘void node::BaseObject::MakeWeak(Type*) [with Type = node::crypto::Sign]’
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h:590:24:   required from here
../../chromium/v8/include/v8.h:9199:16: warning: cast between incompatible function types from ‘v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::crypto::Sign>::Callback’ {aka ‘void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::crypto::Sign>&)’} to ‘Callback’ {aka ‘void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<void>&)’} [-Wcast-function-type]
../../chromium/v8/include/v8.h: In instantiation of ‘void v8::PersistentBase<T>::SetWeak(P*, typename v8::WeakCallbackInfo<P>::Callback, v8::WeakCallbackType) [with P = node::crypto::Verify; T = v8::Object; typename v8::WeakCallbackInfo<P>::Callback = void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::crypto::Verify>&)]’:
../../vendor/node/src/base-object-inl.h:81:3:   required from ‘void node::BaseObject::MakeWeak(Type*) [with Type = node::crypto::Verify]’
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h:615:26:   required from here
../../chromium/v8/include/v8.h:9199:16: warning: cast between incompatible function types from ‘v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::crypto::Verify>::Callback’ {aka ‘void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::crypto::Verify>&)’} to ‘Callback’ {aka ‘void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<void>&)’} [-Wcast-function-type]
../../chromium/v8/include/v8.h: In instantiation of ‘void v8::PersistentBase<T>::SetWeak(P*, typename v8::WeakCallbackInfo<P>::Callback, v8::WeakCallbackType) [with P = node::crypto::DiffieHellman; T = v8::Object; typename v8::WeakCallbackInfo<P>::Callback = void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::crypto::DiffieHellman>&)]’:
../../vendor/node/src/base-object-inl.h:81:3:   required from ‘void node::BaseObject::MakeWeak(Type*) [with Type = node::crypto::DiffieHellman]’
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h:684:33:   required from here
../../chromium/v8/include/v8.h:9199:16: warning: cast between incompatible function types from ‘v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::crypto::DiffieHellman>::Callback’ {aka ‘void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::crypto::DiffieHellman>&)’} to ‘Callback’ {aka ‘void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<void>&)’} [-Wcast-function-type]
../../chromium/v8/include/v8.h: In instantiation of ‘void v8::PersistentBase<T>::SetWeak(P*, typename v8::WeakCallbackInfo<P>::Callback, v8::WeakCallbackType) [with P = node::crypto::ECDH; T = v8::Object; typename v8::WeakCallbackInfo<P>::Callback = void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::crypto::ECDH>&)]’:
../../vendor/node/src/base-object-inl.h:81:3:   required from ‘void node::BaseObject::MakeWeak(Type*) [with Type = node::crypto::ECDH]’
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h:715:24:   required from here
../../chromium/v8/include/v8.h:9199:16: warning: cast between incompatible function types from ‘v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::crypto::ECDH>::Callback’ {aka ‘void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<node::crypto::ECDH>&)’} to ‘Callback’ {aka ‘void (*)(const v8::WeakCallbackInfo<void>&)’} [-Wcast-function-type]

This error looks like it has something to do with node.js, which I already have installed (version 10.15.3).
fedeliallalinea
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What openssl version you installed?
Jt0
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.1.0j-r1

Possibly related, from the changelog:
Quote:
Changes between 1.0.2h and 1.1.0 [25 Aug 2016]
*) State machine rewrite. The state machine code has been significantly
refactored in order to remove much duplication of code and solve issues
with the old code (see ssl/statem/README for further details). This change
does have some associated API changes. Notably the SSL_state() function
has been removed and replaced by SSL_get_state which now returns an
"OSSL_HANDSHAKE_STATE" instead of an int. SSL_set_state() has been removed
altogether. The previous handshake states defined in ssl.h and ssl3.h have
also been removed.

Which may correspond to
Code:
../../vendor/node/src/node_crypto.h:226:28: error: ‘SSL3_STATE’ was not declared in this scope

Edit: looks like a bug has already been submitted for this particular problem. Trying to install Electron 2.0.17 tries to downgrade openssl below 1.1.0, which causes 54 package conflicts for me. Looks like I'll have to wait until openssl 1.1.0 support is added.
fedeliallalinea
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jt0 wrote:
Edit: looks like a bug has already been submitted for this particular problem. Trying to install Electron 2.0.17 tries to downgrade openssl below 1.1.0, which causes 54 package conflicts for me. Looks like I'll have to wait until openssl 1.1.0 support is added.

Probably new electron version (not in tree) support openssl-1.1
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: