Enlightment: new and some small questions
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spanik
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject: Enlightment: new and some small questions Reply with quote

As KDE has strange issues on my pc (video related), I switched to Enlightment. It is very responsive so far but there are a few settings I do not find even with help from Google.

- I like "single click to activate" on everything. I found I can set this for desktop items but not as a general setting like for opening files in the file browser.
- whenever I go over the entry Multimedia (coming from the top) in the applications entry of the menu the screen just blanks and I'm back at the background. The same happens if I come on the entry Graphics when I go through the list from the bottom. Is this normal? Might be because nothing is installed yet.
- is there a console somewhere so I can get on emerging what I need?
rafspiny
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Spanik.

I do not have my laptop with me right now, but on top of my head I can say that:

Quote:
whenever I go over the entry Multimedia (coming from the top) in the applications entry of the menu the screen just blanks and I'm back at the background. The same happens if I come on the entry Graphics when I go through the list from the bottom. Is this normal?

I am having the same exact problem in the liver version as well, but did not had time to further investigate and report.

Quote:

Are you looking for a console? It is probably not installed by default, but I would suggest Terminology?
Quemadmodum, magnus luctator est, non qui omnes numeros nexusque perdidicit,quorum usus sub adversario rarus est,sed qui in uno se aut altero bene ac diligenter exercuit et eorum occasiones intentus expectat,sic in hoc studio multa delectant,pauca vincunt
Spanik
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rafspiny wrote:
Quote:
whenever I go over the entry Multimedia (coming from the top) in the applications entry of the menu the screen just blanks and I'm back at the background. The same happens if I come on the entry Graphics when I go through the list from the bottom. Is this normal?

I am having the same exact problem in the liver version as well, but did not had time to further investigate and report.

Quote:

Are you looking for a console? It is probably not installed by default, but I would suggest Terminology?

Thanks for confirming the first issue. At least is reassures me that it isn't related to my KDE graphics issue and it isn't my hardware (ok, could be a driver so related to the hardware).

As for the terminal, I did emerge xterm in the end. But I find it strange that there isn't one installed by default. More as you cannot emerge anything without a console.

I the mean timeI tried out LXQt and found this to be much to my liking. It solves most of my first thing with "activate" on single click and I have no grapic issues. On top of that I like the clean out of the way interface. I'm going to give it some time but I think I found my new home.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: