need help to get www-client/surf running properly
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
taskman
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject: need help to get www-client/surf running properly Reply with quote

Hi,

I have many problems getting surf running properly.
The version I can get seems outdated.
Code:
surf-2.0, ©2009-2015 surf engineers, see LICENSE for details

Then I thought of getting the git sources, but it wont compile.
Code:
git clone https://git.suckless.org/surf
make -j17
c99 `pkg-config --cflags x11` `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-3.0 gcr-3 webkit2gtk-4.0` -DVERSION=\"2.0\" -DWEBEXTDIR=\"/usr/local/lib/surf\"  -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE -DGCR_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE -fPIC -O -c surf.c
surf build options:
CC            = c99
Package gcr-3 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gcr-3.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'gcr-3' found
Package gcr-3 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gcr-3.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'gcr-3' found
CFLAGS        =   -DVERSION="2.0" -DWEBEXTDIR="/usr/local/lib/surf"  -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE -DGCR_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE -fPIC -O
WEBEXTCFLAGS  = -fPIC -pthread -I/usr/include/webkitgtk-4.0 -I/usr/include/gtk-3.0 -I/usr/include/at-spi2-atk/2.0 -I/usr/include/at-spi-2.0 -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib64/dbus-1.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-3.0 -I/usr/include/gio-unix-2.0/ -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/harfbuzz -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/fribidi -I/usr/include/atk-1.0 -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/uuid -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0 -I/usr/include/libpng16 -I/usr/include/libsoup-2.4 -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/webkitgtk-4.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -O
LDFLAGS       =
surf.c:8:10: schwerwiegender Fehler: glib.h: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
 #include <glib.h>
          ^~~~~~~~
Kompilierung beendet.
make: *** [Makefile:24: surf.o] Fehler 1

Code:
equery list dev-libs/glib
 * Searching for glib in dev-libs ...
[IP-] [  ] dev-libs/glib-2.56.4:2

equery uses dev-libs/glib
[ Legend : U - final flag setting for installation]
[        : I - package is installed with flag     ]
[ Colors : set, unset                             ]
 * Found these USE flags for dev-libs/glib-2.56.4:
 U I
 - - abi_x86_32  : 32-bit (x86) libraries
 + + dbus        : Enable dependencies required by glib libraries using dbus service to manage settings saving
 - - debug       : Enable extra debug codepaths, like asserts and extra output. If you want to get meaningful backtraces see https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Quality_Assurance/Backtraces
 + + mime        : Pull in shared MIME database that many glib-based applications require at runtime to detect or open files. Warning: do not disable this flag unless installing on a headless server.
 - - static-libs : Build static versions of dynamic libraries as well
 - - systemtap   : Build support for profiling and tracing using dev-util/systemtap
 - - test        : Enable dependencies and/or preparations necessary to run tests (usually controlled by FEATURES=test but can be toggled independently)
 - - utils       : Install gtester-report utility to generate test report files for your software; build gresource utility with ELF support.
 + + xattr       : Add support for extended attributes (filesystem-stored metadata)

Code:
ls /usr/include/glib-2.0/
gio  glib  gobject  glib.h  glib-object.h  glib-unix.h  gmodule.h

So I tried to add `pkg-config --cflags --libs glib-2.0` to its Makefile but this didn't work.
Adding pkg-config to my make.conf didn't change a thing neither.

ATM I am runnning the official version (mentioned at the top of this post) via emerge -av www-client/surf.
Code:
cat /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords
x11-terms/st ~amd64
x11-misc/dmenu ~amd64
www-client/surf ~amd64

And I have installed a simple patch to get my scripts working.

Next problem I have is Link Hinting doesn't work at all.
Here is the script I am using.
I found this guide that didn't work at all.

Then I have a wierd bug that drives me nuts, and I created a bug report in the maillist about it, but the patch that was recommended to me didn't work.

HALP mi plx
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: