[solved] No input in X and issues with startup
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
V-Li
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject: [solved] No input in X and issues with startup Reply with quote

After about three weeks absence I updated my laptop and now it will not let me input anything in my login manager (lxdm), neither mouse nor keyboard are working. Sometimes even getting to the login manager fails and I end up on the console, which is great compared to being locked-out completely.
During update GCC was updated to the 8 series (I run amd64 stable) and gentoo-sources to 4.19.23, the latter was compiled and installed by me coming from 4.19.21. It fails no matter which kernel version I boot. To mitigate any problems from having binaries from two different GCC major versions, I booted a live linux, chrooted into my system and recompiled world. Also rebuilding xf86-input-* did not help.

My debugging showed following facts:

• Most init scripts (I run openRC) are in status "starting", the root cause being that fsck did not start
  • Root partition (I only have one encrypted BTRFS-formatted partition) mounted read-only, however I can remount rw without problems and it seems to have to do with failing init scripts (root runscript is not executed)
  • laptop_mode puts out "failed! udev not running?" However systemd-udevd is running as a process

Before I collect more information (getting it is a bit complicated at the moment), maybe someone has some ideas were to look or asks the question I need to go on. Thanks for any help.

EDIT: Downgrading to =sys-fs/udev-init-scripts-32 solved it, I will investigate.
Syl20
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you use "rc_parallel=YES" ? Perhaps this can help : https://bugs.gentoo.org/678638
V-Li
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, yes, that is my problem, I found it in the bugtracker just now and wanted to add it to the thread. :D
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: