Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Anyone done a DNA test?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

 
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 518
Location: The Maldives

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject: Anyone done a DNA test? Reply with quote

Besides being registered...
It would be interesting to know, right? How to come about doing one is my question without register to some e-mail db.
Angry Foreigner did one with a whole box, where, I think, not needed any involvement from a site/company. Do something like that exist that a sceptic can use?
He got it out of Amazon, I think. Reliability of such test?

I am probably 100% cromagnong...Just has to get it on paper on my next CV.
_________________
Life is a fog where some thinks to know where to go
To make an error is human, letting it be is the error.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
e3k
Guru
Guru


Joined: 01 Oct 2007
Posts: 387
Location: Inner Space

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone done a DNA test? Reply with quote

patrix_neo wrote:
Besides being registered...
It would be interesting to know, right? How to come about doing one is my question without register to some e-mail db.
Angry Foreigner did one with a whole box, where, I think, not needed any involvement from a site/company. Do something like that exist that a sceptic can use?
He got it out of Amazon, I think. Reliability of such test?

I am probably 100% cromagnong...Just has to get it on paper on my next CV.

Yes my brother did but did not care to check. I might be probably some percentage Inuit but i do not have it on paper so not sure if it counts. Any how better get your genome properly checked!
_________________
((O.o))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 518
Location: The Maldives

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone done a DNA test? Reply with quote

e3k wrote:

...my brother did but did not care to check.
I might be probably some percentage Inuit but i do not have it on paper so not sure if it counts. Any how better get your genome properly checked!

Did he by any chance give you a clue of where he purchased one?
And...you haven't done a DNA test? Can you ask your brother?
Yeah, he might fake it, I know brothers. I am having one. He would probable saying I am 99% jewish and a bunch of non-cromangnong, but still....! That lying sob. I have to find out!
_________________
Life is a fog where some thinks to know where to go
To make an error is human, letting it be is the error.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John-Boy
Guru
Guru


Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 442
Location: Desperately seeking moksha in all the wrong places

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too interested, I'll probably find out I'm susceptible to *another* aliment.
_________________
Like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 518
Location: The Maldives

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
Not too interested, I'll probably find out I'm susceptible to *another* aliment.

That caveman guy...If only...! Now we all have "it".
I do understand some of what you are saying. If you have this, that and then some of that other stuff, what else is there to discover? Do I want to know _if_ I could get another knocker?
I do have a chance for pesttilence. Yep, a 5,000 year old virus was found in good 'ol Sweden that was the prehistoric version of the plague once roaming the european continent. It just routed to asia end then just to enroute back to say haha!
...While England/GB still are a part of the EU, I feel for doing a flight as it's still possible. Someone you dislike somewhere? A joke!, just a joke!
_________________
Life is a fog where some thinks to know where to go
To make an error is human, letting it be is the error.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John-Boy
Guru
Guru


Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 442
Location: Desperately seeking moksha in all the wrong places

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrix_neo wrote:
_if_ I could get another knocker?


I don't have any knockers - if I did develop knockers I'd be down the doctors very quickly.
_________________
Like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 518
Location: The Maldives

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John-Boy wrote:
patrix_neo wrote:
_if_ I could get another knocker?


I don't have any knockers - if I did develop knockers I'd be down the doctors very quickly.


Well, for me, 'knocker' is knocking on heavens door. I am so complicated? I don't care for your knockers. They suit you just fine, thank you very much. :)
_________________
Life is a fog where some thinks to know where to go
To make an error is human, letting it be is the error.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John-Boy
Guru
Guru


Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 442
Location: Desperately seeking moksha in all the wrong places

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrix_neo wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
patrix_neo wrote:
_if_ I could get another knocker?


I don't have any knockers - if I did develop knockers I'd be down the doctors very quickly.


Well, for me, 'knocker' is knocking on heavens door. I am so complicated? I don't care for your knockers. They suit you just fine, thank you very much. :)


They have a slightly different slang meaning in the UK.
_________________
Like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 518
Location: The Maldives

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know where to go from here...balls.
_________________
Life is a fog where some thinks to know where to go
To make an error is human, letting it be is the error.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John-Boy
Guru
Guru


Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Posts: 442
Location: Desperately seeking moksha in all the wrong places

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrix_neo wrote:
I don't know where to go from here...balls.


I sense much potential for the double entendre in you young one.
_________________
Like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
e3k
Guru
Guru


Joined: 01 Oct 2007
Posts: 387
Location: Inner Space

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone done a DNA test? Reply with quote

patrix_neo wrote:
e3k wrote:

...my brother did but did not care to check.
I might be probably some percentage Inuit but i do not have it on paper so not sure if it counts. Any how better get your genome properly checked!

Did he by any chance give you a clue of where he purchased one?
And...you haven't done a DNA test? Can you ask your brother?
Yeah, he might fake it, I know brothers. I am having one. He would probable saying I am 99% jewish and a bunch of non-cromangnong, but still....! That lying sob. I have to find out!
i have no idea where he did buy it. i have seen now some statistics which say he is 85% Slavic and 15% Keltic. Only 1% Irish so i guess there are the Inuits??? Also i have heard the mother is Africa so where the fuck are my black genoms??? this test is bollocks. don't go for it. there is a better way to spend money.
_________________
((O.o))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 990
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister did. So we found out that my Swedish mom is actually part Norwegian, and that annoyed her. There's no way we (her children) can be over 60% Norwegian unless she has some.
_________________
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 245
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, with some hilarious results I might even share.
_________________
The Future Ain't What It Used To Be

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Syl20
Guru
Guru


Joined: 04 Aug 2005
Posts: 564
Location: France

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone done a DNA test? Reply with quote

Is anybody here wondering about sharing its genetic data with one or (probably many) more companies ?
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2017/12/dna-test-kits-consider-privacy-implications
https://globalnews.ca/news/2879276/privacy-risks-lurk-in-dna-tests-experts-warn/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
e3k
Guru
Guru


Joined: 01 Oct 2007
Posts: 387
Location: Inner Space

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone done a DNA test? Reply with quote

Syl20 wrote:
Is anybody here wondering about sharing its genetic data with one or (probably many) more companies ?
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2017/12/dna-test-kits-consider-privacy-implications
https://globalnews.ca/news/2879276/privacy-risks-lurk-in-dna-tests-experts-warn/
yes. i consider DNA code as probably the most sensitive personal information there is. that is why i am not doing these tests and i would never publish the DNA code on the internet... on the other hand there are people like my brother who did the test and did hang his dna code on some webpage.
_________________
((O.o))
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
patrix_neo
Guru
Guru


Joined: 08 Jan 2004
Posts: 518
Location: The Maldives

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone done a DNA test? Reply with quote

e3k wrote:
patrix_neo wrote:
e3k wrote:

...my brother did but did not care to check.
I might be probably some percentage Inuit but i do not have it on paper so not sure if it counts. Any how better get your genome properly checked!

Did he by any chance give you a clue of where he purchased one?
And...you haven't done a DNA test? Can you ask your brother?
Yeah, he might fake it, I know brothers. I am having one. He would probable saying I am 99% jewish and a bunch of non-cromangnong, but still....! That lying sob. I have to find out!
i have no idea where he did buy it. i have seen now some statistics which say he is 85% Slavic and 15% Keltic. Only 1% Irish so i guess there are the Inuits??? Also i have heard the mother is Africa so where the fuck are my black genoms??? this test is bollocks. don't go for it. there is a better way to spend money.


Thanks for your reasonable response. I might return the favour. I just lost faith in this whole business deal thing. As I thought, might be biased. Wow! How is that possible? I don't care, I don't know, but I cannot control it and it would be like going to a wizard telling me I have to be a sacrifice or humanity as a whole will die.

The meaning is, as I see it, they can put anything in the testresult and you will never know any more than you did. Even more so, you will be captured in anguish for being "that colour".
We are living in a devious society, I think.

Here is one lucky guy: https://youtu.be/bVAPMfP4pog?t=675
_________________
Life is a fog where some thinks to know where to go
To make an error is human, letting it be is the error.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum