Trying to run script for download of Fedora for PXE
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LIsLinuxIsSogood
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:38 am    Post subject: Trying to run script for download of Fedora for PXE Reply with quote

Hi, this may seem like a question that is easily answered but I have little scripting knowledge would like to be able to change releases for the latest (v27 or 28) for the script that is here: https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/PXE#Fedora_installation

Problem is that fedora moved their older releases to archive or else I would be glad to use the script but it doesn't work as is due to this maneuver by the people at red hat/fedora.

I am trying to setup a PXE boot environment so that I can use another laptop to access operating system that will be of course on my gentoo box somewhere, but need it to be fedora because that is what I'm learning in school. Thanks for the assistance! Hopefully just the fix for the release should do it.,

fyi the Mirror in the script is up and running so I know there is no issues with the site other than the one I mentioned about archiving these previous releases. I would just as well assume that the script on gentoo wiki for PXE boot with fedora was written prior to the fact.

Thanks to whomever can help with this Bash script I will owe you my gratitude!

EDIT
To save time for anyone who wants to help here is the line that I feel is what I would need to change in the script, if I knew what to change....

Code:
[ $# -eq 0 ] && releases="22 21/Server 21-Alpha/Workstation 20/Fedora" || releases="$*"

What i need is for it to not return version 25 which is the output that I get when it runs right now, quizzically!? But instead 27 or 28,since those are the versions that are accessible via the mirror. Does that make sense?

[Moderator edit: added [code] tags to preserve output layout. -Hu]
LIsLinuxIsSogood
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermind, i was dumb...I just changed the 21 to 25 when it should have been 27. It just downloaded.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: