Cinnamon not responding until switching to different console
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mahutti
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject: Cinnamon not responding until switching to different console Reply with quote

Hi,

ever since I run Gentoo on my NUC8i5, I run into a pretty strange problem I've never seen before.
Every time I boot up my PC and start Cinnamon with lightdm, I can use the desktop as intended, open applications and so on.

As soon as a window opens, let's say terminator, I can use it as normal. But I can't click any of the window buttons like minimize, maximize and close.
They just don't work. Also none of the icons on the desktop can be clicked. I can open the start menu by pressing the Windows key but can't type anything.

As soon as I switch to another console with ctrl+alt+f2 for example and switch back to my graphical environment, everything goes back to normal and will work until the next reboot.
I am not using the built-in HDMI outbut but a DP connection via a thunderbolt dock.

Does anybody have a clue what issue could be here?
Unfortunately, I don't know which logs could be important to solve that problem. I would have posted them if I knew.

Thank you very much!
Martin
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: