Windows network connection lost on reboot
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jyoung
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject: Windows network connection lost on reboot Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

I have gentoo installed on a few dozen usb drives that I use to turn a windows computer lab into a linux computer lab for several hours several days a week. The usb drives are a dual boot setup wherein the third option kicks the boot sequence back over to the regular hard drive. When I reboot to windows, I use the grub-reboot option to tell grub to reboot tell them to do this by default.

The problem is that, after returning to windows, a third to half of the computers don't have a network connection. When I restart the affected computers a second time, everything seems normal. This problem is very strange in that it cannot be easily replicated. If I try to reboot the computers to windows immediately, right after I get them setup, this problem does not occur. It only seems to occur after they've been running for 6-10 hours. It also seems random in that it doesn't affect certain computers or certain usb drivers, but I'm less confident about that.

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post on; if so, please redirect me.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: