View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject: Trump 2019 Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1058388700617498625?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1058411693775171585&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Ftime.com%2F5443319%2Ftrump-game-of-thrones-meme%2F

Continued from Trump 2018: Where's the wall? --pjp
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
Old School wrote:
Yeah, that was pretty dumb on Trump's part, claiming the Mexicans would pay for the wall. He can't even get members of either American political party to agree to border security, let alone have Mexico pay for it.
What he said was Mexico would pay, one way or another

conveniently vague. you can probably then claim anything about anyone paying for it. China is paying for it with tariffs!
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
conveniently vague.

It's Trump.
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
juniper wrote:
conveniently vague.

It's Trump.

Indeed. all noise. no signal.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
Muso wrote:
juniper wrote:
conveniently vague.

It's Trump.

It gets results
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new italian place opened up near me. it's good.

Is that Trump too?
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:

Is that Trump too?

Is he an investor?
frank9999
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the movie The Hallelujah Trail a few days ago.
And then I have to see with horror, that you still use this tactic in 2019(!), and give firewater to the Indians:
https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/01/elizabeth-warren-beer-instagram-640x480.jpg

Shame on you! :wink:
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frank9999 wrote:
I watched the movie The Hallelujah Trail a few days ago.
And then I have to see with horror, that you still use this tactic in 2019(!), and give firewater to the Indians:
https://media.breitbart.com/media/2019/01/elizabeth-warren-beer-instagram-640x480.jpg

Shame on you! :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
zixnub
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:

Is that Trump too?

Only if it's a good one.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
Muso wrote:
juniper wrote:
conveniently vague.

It's Trump.

And the alternative would be better? More of the Bush/Obama/Clinton policy? An anemic economy. High unemployment.

What, two decades of war not enough for you?

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
juniper wrote:

Is that Trump too?

Is he an investor?

Who?
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
juniper wrote:
Muso wrote:
juniper wrote:
conveniently vague.

It's Trump.

And the alternative would be better? More of the Bush/Obama/Clinton policy? An anemic economy. High unemployment.

What, two decades of war not enough for you?

Obama had low unemployment too.

The trouble is that we have had more of the same despite the supposed swamp drain. The deficits are massive. The government keeps growing. Defense spending is sky high.

The only difference is the confidence some people have for trump to be different, and that trump is a narcissistic asshole willing to pick fights with NFL players, turning the whole country into a reality show. I agree your pickings were slim, but you all chose wrong in among the offerings.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:

Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:

Please. obama's economy was part time minimum wage. Don't blow smoke up my ass, I live here, and barely had a job during half of obama's reign. The dumb motherfucker stifled the economy with all of the regulations he saddled us with a flourish of his executive order pen. He threw the middle class under the bus, to pander to his Wall Street Masters. The only thing that saved the economy was consumer spending, which constitutes over 70% of the economy. If you want to argue that the economy is not lights out better now than three years ago, then be my guest. :lol:

juniper wrote:
The trouble is that we have had more of the same despite the supposed swamp drain. The deficits are massive. The government keeps growing. Defense spending is sky high.
Of course. I hate to break it to you, but the President of the US does not have the power of the President of China. We have this thing called Congress, and the bureaucracy. Richard Nixon's Shadow Government's massive momentum can not be halted overnight. It would take a generation of reversing current policy. Trump has been thwarted by the Swamp at every turn.

juniper wrote:
The only difference is the confidence some people have for trump to be different, and that trump is a narcissistic asshole willing to pick fights with NFL players, turning the whole country into a reality show. I agree your pickings were slim, but you all chose wrong in among the offerings.
Only choice we had. Better than that alcoholic, criminal Hillary, or any of the Hillary Lites that were running as Republicans.

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell

Last edited by Old School on Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
juniper wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: . Just look it up. It's pretty easy. It steadily dropped until the end.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
Muso wrote:
juniper wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: . Just look it up. It's pretty easy. It steadily dropped until the end.
Part time minimum wage jobs were Obama's legacy. Just Look it up.

George Orwell
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:

Please. obama's economy was part time minimum wage. Don't blow smoke up my ass, I live here, and barely had a job during half of obama's reign.

Trump's temporary debt driven boost is the same. And he started from much lower unemployment.

Consumer spending is still all you have.

Quote:
Of course. I hate to break it to you, but the President of the US does not have the power of the President of China. Richard Nixon's Shadow Government's massive momentum can not be halted overnight. It would take a generation of reversing current policy. Trump has been thwarted by the Swamp at every turn.

Except the massive increase in defence spending. That was all him.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
Muso wrote:
juniper wrote:

I live in the US. I was born in the US, and I know a lot more about US policy than you do. Obama's unemployment numbers even used a different measurement than Bush did, all to help prop up the sad numbers he was getting with his horrendous heavy handed regulatory regime. Obama did massive damage to the US economy.

See this?

Quote:
JOBS UP BIG!
+312,000
RECORD NUMBER WORKING
MANUFACTURING BEST IN 20 YEARS
HISPANIC UNEMPLOYMENT LOWEST EVER

That's Trump's regulatory slashing, and business tax slashing policies in effect. In comparison, the economy under Obama was anemic.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:

Unfortunately we seem to be required to police the world.

George Orwell
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the reality is the bubble economy which has been kept inflated by zero interest rates and quantitative easing since 2008 is finally reaching EOL. If Trump is lucky he will be impeached and he can save his face, saying dems screwed it up. It was FUBAR before Trump and he took the ownership of this mess instead of leveling with American people and telling the truth. Look at any serious data and there is nothing promising, home ownership percentage, out of workforce percentage, average debt per taxpayer (both personal debt and government debt), trade deficit is worse than ever, do I need to carry on?
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:

I live in the US. I was born in the US, and I know a lot more about US policy than you do.

That's neither necessary nor sufficient for having more knowledge about the macro workings of your country. You may know what's going on the ground in hawaii, but I am possibly physically closer to DC than you.

Quote:
Obama's unemployment numbers even used a different measurement than Bush did, all to help prop up the sad numbers he was getting with his horrendous heavy handed regulatory regime. Obama did massive damage to the US economy.

I assume you expected that Donald "only the truth" Trump restored integrity to the unemployment metrics by returning them to the 1980s standards (for Obama's reign isn't the only time this has happened)? no, fat chance. So, Trump is also using shitty metrics.

Quote:
See this?

I saw the number, but I don't read anything from that random character generator. Unless I am looking for a laugh.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
Muso wrote:

I live in the US. I was born in the US, and I know a lot more about US policy than you do.

That's neither necessary nor sufficient for having more knowledge about the macro workings of your country. You may know what's going on the ground in hawaii, but I am possibly physically closer to DC than you.

Your arrogance is impressive.

juniper wrote:
Muso wrote:
Obama's unemployment numbers even used a different measurement than Bush did, all to help prop up the sad numbers he was getting with his horrendous heavy handed regulatory regime. Obama did massive damage to the US economy.

I assume you expected that Donald "only the truth" Trump restored integrity to the unemployment metrics by returning them to the 1980s standards (for Obama's reign isn't the only time this has happened)? no, fat chance. So, Trump is also using shitty metrics.

So, try thinking. If Obama used a different metric to make his numbers look less shitty compared with Bush, and Trump is using the same metric as Obama and making Obama's numbers look totally dismal in comparison, what does that tell you?
juniper
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
juniper wrote:

yup. gotta keep the complex running, so you guys signed up to this. I would suggest you stop this for the health of your fiscal future, but Trump isn't doing anything about that. He is making it worse. So, despite Trump being an outsider and draining the swamp, you could still cut your military budget in half and still spend the most in the world. And now you spend more.

Quote:
Your arrogance is impressive.

strange you think otherwise.

Quote:
So, try thinking. If Obama used a different metric to make his numbers look less shitty compared with Bush, and Trump is using the same metric as Obama and making Obama's numbers look totally dismal in comparison, what does that tell you?

Please. Throw down the pompoms and connect your own dots. It says that the performance of the two presidents, according to this metric, is similar. It certainly doesn't mean that Trump is awesome and Obama sucks. Both have low numbers.

My take on this is what Trump said WHILE CAMPAIGNING. that these numbers are fake news, with a lot of the new jobs service sector and low wage jobs. He isn't bringing any jobs back.

In any case, you were the one that seemed to think the same metric with similar numbers mean different things. you objected to me saying obama has low unemployment.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
Old School wrote:
juniper wrote:

yup. gotta keep the complex running, so you guys signed up to this. I would suggest you stop this for the health of your fiscal future, but Trump isn't doing anything about that. He is making it worse. So, despite Trump being an outsider and draining the swamp, you could still cut your military budget in half and still spend the most in the world. And now you spend more.
Well maybe the UK could step in and make sure free navigation of the South China Sea isn't curtailed by the authoritarian Chinese. The Poles feel intimidated by the Russian Bear. They have asked for help. Maybe the UK could send them a few armored Divisions. If we did what I want, which is to stop being the world cop, the same people that bitch about US interventionism would be the ones crying that the US refuses to help. We have heard it many times already. You might not realize it but thanks to stupid policy decisions our military has been fighting for over two decades. Some of which was in Europe. All to help protect people in Europe, Africa and Asia as well as the US. While this was going on, Obama cut the budget for 6 out of his 8 years, iirc. The military was running out of necessary supplies.

Put up, or shut up. :wink:

George Orwell
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: