Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Trump 2019
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sugar
Guru
Guru


Joined: 07 Aug 2004
Posts: 579
Location: Morrinsville, New Zealand

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
richk449 wrote:
Well over half the recent posts in this thread are from outside the us. Why is sugar the only one you are slamming for it?


He's consistently the most wrong, and spouts off DNC talking points. It's like talking with an NPC.


alt-right insults are so fucking weird.
_________________
He who calls for full employment calls for war!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 968
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just keep walking into these things
_________________
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 243
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched the State of the Union last night, and one of the funniest moments was when Trump claimed that the US would never become a socialist nation. The democRats didn't know whether they should applaud or not, considering the new generation of rats and many of the old are Authoritarian Collectivist fucks.
_________________
I am old enough to remember when SNL was funny

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 17767

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless there's a major shift, the trend seems to be in the direction of Socialist Utopia. Maybe we'll run into each other at camp! We should come up with some kind of signal so we'll know.
_________________
I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ulenrich
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 10 Oct 2010
Posts: 1371

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the progression of the "Law And Order" doctrin to a more flexible
#LegislationOrInvestigation
Trump made up in his #Sotu2019
_________________
fun2gen2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flysideways
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 29 Jan 2005
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-bernie-sanders-socialism-state-of-the-union_us_5c5a5d49e4b00187b5562046
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 968
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flysideways wrote:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-bernie-sanders-socialism-state-of-the-union_us_5c5a5d49e4b00187b5562046


:lol: :lol: :lol:
_________________
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 763
Location: EU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
Watched the State of the Union last night, and one of the funniest moments was when Trump claimed that the US would never become a socialist nation. The democRats didn't know whether they should applaud or not, considering the new generation of rats and many of the old are Authoritarian Collectivist fucks.


Hmmm. I thought you were going to say the funniest thing is Trump criticising socialism even though he has spent quite a bit of time calling out the fed for not propping up the stock market through what is ultimately government manipulation.

That's what I thought you were going to say. Because that's funny.
_________________
wswartzendruber wrote:
Well, every group has its nutjobs, and the Second Amendment crowd is no exception.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 243
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
Old School wrote:
Watched the State of the Union last night, and one of the funniest moments was when Trump claimed that the US would never become a socialist nation. The democRats didn't know whether they should applaud or not, considering the new generation of rats and many of the old are Authoritarian Collectivist fucks.


Hmmm. I thought you were going to say the funniest thing is Trump criticising socialism even though he has spent quite a bit of time calling out the fed for not propping up the stock market through what is ultimately government manipulation.

That's what I thought you were going to say. Because that's funny.
Yep. I'm sure that is what you thought I was going to say. :lol:

I also thought it was funny that the democRats just sat on their hands when Trump was touting the lowest unemployment numbers in decades. But you probably knew I was going to say that. :wink:

I must admit, I did not enjoy watching Nancy Pelosi sucking on her dentures all night.
_________________
I am old enough to remember when SNL was funny

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 763
Location: EU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all should expect more socialism - i.e. terrible government interference for one reason: price #1 has been manipulated heavily (interest rates). Governments (usually local and state) have to put out all the fires that breakout because of this (high house prices are met with more interventions). It's going to be a shit show while the central banks continue with their low rates policy.
_________________
wswartzendruber wrote:
Well, every group has its nutjobs, and the Second Amendment crowd is no exception.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 763
Location: EU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
Yep. I'm sure that is what you thought I was going to say. :lol:


I also thought you were going to say what was funny was the 22 trillion things that Trump *didn't* mention. Lots of things he forgot to talk about.
_________________
wswartzendruber wrote:
Well, every group has its nutjobs, and the Second Amendment crowd is no exception.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 243
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juniper wrote:
Old School wrote:
Yep. I'm sure that is what you thought I was going to say. :lol:


I also thought you were going to say what was funny was the 22 trillion things that Trump *didn't* mention. Lots of things he forgot to talk about.
Yep. He should have mentioned that Barry Obummer doubled the debt from 10 trillion to 20 trillion. This country took over 200 years to get 10 trillion in debt, and Obummer matched that in 8 years. Funny. I must have missed your posts about that during the past decade.

Chew on that.
_________________
I am old enough to remember when SNL was funny

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 29 May 2005
Posts: 6965
Location: Saint Amant, Acadiana

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG how incredibly incompetent representatives American voters have elected.
The bartender (AOC) congratulates herself for wrecking Amazon deal. She thinks she saved 3 billion dollars. The bartender is unable to see the difference between giving tax relief $3 bn and spending $3 bn of NY taxpayers money.
_________________
Please learn how to denote units correctly!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 968
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaglover wrote:
OMG how incredibly incompetent representatives American voters have elected.
The bartender (AOC) congratulates herself for wrecking Amazon deal. She thinks she saved 3 billion dollars. The bartender is unable to see the difference between giving tax relief $3 bn and spending $3 bn of NY taxpayers money.


She's a complete idiot. The democrat party itself is considering erasing her district after the 2020 census.
_________________
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
juniper
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2004
Posts: 763
Location: EU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
Funny. I must have missed your posts about that during the past decade.

Chew on that.


Plural posts. I said it a lot.

Quote:
She's a complete idiot. The democrat party itself is considering erasing her district after the 2020 census.


I agree. Nuts. The trouble is that a lot of people don't want it. The issue is anxiety about house prices which the fed has been propping up (at the urging of trump recently) for 20 years.

Of course no mention here about the emergency powers. Wow. Trump gets a huge pass. If Obama tried to push through legislation that way my computer would crash from all the calls of authoritarianism.
_________________
wswartzendruber wrote:
Well, every group has its nutjobs, and the Second Amendment crowd is no exception.


Last edited by juniper on Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 29 May 2005
Posts: 6965
Location: Saint Amant, Acadiana

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scary part here is she was democratically elected. She is not the only one, and I'm sure there is more like her coming. Democracy sucks. People who cannot manage their own lives are allowed to manage the county, state, the whole nation. :roll:
_________________
Please learn how to denote units correctly!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 968
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaglover wrote:
The scary part here is she was democratically elected. She is not the only one, and I'm sure there is more like her coming. Democracy sucks. People who cannot manage their own lives are allowed to manage the county, state, the whole nation. :roll:


++

I really wish the Constitution were much more restrictive on the power of government.
_________________
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 20 Nov 2004
Posts: 243
Location: West Bank of the Coast Fork

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:

I really wish the Constitution were much more restrictive on the power of government.

Why? The politicians would still ignore it.
_________________
I am old enough to remember when SNL was funny

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1609
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZOMG Trump Hitler National Emergency teh power Handmaiden's Tale triggered need safe space REesiiist!!!!
_________________
patrix_neo wrote:
The human thought: I cannot win.
The ratbrain in me : I can only go forward and that's it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zixnub
n00b
n00b


Joined: 27 Dec 2007
Posts: 67
Location: Brasschaat, Belgium

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
ZOMG Trump Hitler National Emergency teh power Handmaiden's Tale triggered need safe space REesiiist!!!!


Tbh he should've faked a coup before declaring national emergency. Unless of course he did really mean a figurative national emergency after all.
_________________
https://github.com/udevbe/greenfield
https://github.com/udevbe/westfield
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 968
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zixnub wrote:
Bones McCracker wrote:
ZOMG Trump Hitler National Emergency teh power Handmaiden's Tale triggered need safe space REesiiist!!!!


Tbh he should've faked a coup before declaring national emergency. Unless of course he did really mean a figurative national emergency after all.


++

He could then wipe out the national debt.
_________________
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman


Joined: 29 May 2005
Posts: 6965
Location: Saint Amant, Acadiana

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody signed up yet?
_________________
Please learn how to denote units correctly!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
roki942
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 283
Location: Seattle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaglover wrote:
Anybody signed up yet?
I couldn't resist.
http://www.unwillingtowork.org/results.php?id=7056
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 17767

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.unwillingtowork.org/results.php?id=7148
_________________
I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Muso
l33t
l33t


Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Posts: 968
Location: The Holy city of Honolulu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pjp wrote:
http://www.unwillingtowork.org/results.php?id=7148


:lol: :lol: :lol:
_________________
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum