Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sugar wrote:
Muso wrote:
How Kathleen Kennedy and Politics Cost Disney $3.7 Billion

Quote:
Kathleen Kennedy wiped out 95% of the Star Wars franchise value.

Quote:
I wanted to see what percent of the Star Wars franchise's value was destroyed by politics. Because as I've stated before, I'm getting mighty sick and tired of politics being mixed in with my fun. Thus my hope is to attach a price tag to "being woke" and ruining everybody's movie-going fun with SJW politics so that the morons in Hollywood might get a clue before they go out of business.

what a bullshit dumpster fire of an article.

Stop sh*tposting
sugar
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
sugar wrote:
Muso wrote:
How Kathleen Kennedy and Politics Cost Disney $3.7 Billion

Quote:
Kathleen Kennedy wiped out 95% of the Star Wars franchise value.

Quote:
I wanted to see what percent of the Star Wars franchise's value was destroyed by politics. Because as I've stated before, I'm getting mighty sick and tired of politics being mixed in with my fun. Thus my hope is to attach a price tag to "being woke" and ruining everybody's movie-going fun with SJW politics so that the morons in Hollywood might get a clue before they go out of business.

what a bullshit dumpster fire of an article.

Stop sh*tposting

you first
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moron wrote:
D'uh~

And now for something completely different.

The Spy Who Wasn’t

Quote:
The U.S. government went looking for someone to blame for Russia's interference in the 2016 election—and found Maria Butina, the perfect scapegoat.

Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Homestead-Area Pastor Denies Lewdness, Indecent Exposure Accusations

Quote:
“I won’t deny that he began to take his clothes off and propositioned me, but I will deny, on a stack of Bibles with God as my witness, that I did nothing,” Gregory said.

Oh, sure. That's the ticket!
sugar
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
Moron wrote:
D'uh~

And now for something completely different.

The Spy Who Wasn’t

Quote:
The U.S. government went looking for someone to blame for Russia's interference in the 2016 election—and found Maria Butina, the perfect scapegoat.

another biased outlet.

Why not just go all the way and post from Think Progress.

Not that I'll click on it either way.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for once again posting that you won't click a link. Everyone here is now much more informed about your most valuable insights into life, the Universe, and everything.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Student ‘barred from free speech debate for saying women don’t have penises’

Why does the left hate science?
The Doctor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the same reason the creationists do. They are following a religion that must be protected from reason because they have faith that it must be correct.

The new intersection feminism has all the hallmarks of a religion. A concept of original sin (male, particularly the white variety), a religious creed (minorities and woman are oppressed), and a devil to fight (the patriarchy). All of these precepts are defended, at times violently, from any contrary evidence. Just as how religions are willing to go to war over who has access to a small piece of dirt in the middle east.

Apologies if I take a while to respond. I'm currently working on the dematerialization circuit for my blue box.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intersectionality is a full on cult. The scary thing is how many of its adherents are in positions of power within Silicon Valley.
sugar
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:

This is exactly how free speech works.

and I'm sure that if the free speech association wanted to stump up for the extra security instead of insisting the student union paid for it, then it would have been a non-issue.

At least the article is less biased than your usual offerings. No all caps headlines, and it's not almost totally comprised on screenshots from social media.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:

Hell, a woman in the UK was arrested and thrown in jail for "mis-gendering" a trans. A woman was banned from twitter for saying men are not women and women are not men. The batshit crazy commie left hates science.

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
Muso wrote:

Hell, a woman in the UK was arrested and thrown in jail for "mis-gendering" a trans. A woman was banned from twitter for saying men are not women and women are not men. The batshit crazy commie left hates science.

She was jailed for telling the truth. A guy who has mutilated his body is not a woman.

If I slice open my neck to make it look like I have gills, I am not a shark.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High school students reportedly caught trading 'N-word passes' during lunch, giving pass holders 'permission' to use the slur

:lol: :lol: :lol:
roki942
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/middle-school-student-told-cover-t-shirt-message-teacher-found-offensive-170320120.html
desultory
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
Old School wrote:
Muso wrote:

She was jailed for telling the truth. A guy who has mutilated his body is not a woman.
I have always been somewhat bemused by how both sides of that argument having arguments that boil down to "you need to use the pronouns that I want you to use because I say so, my emotions are more important than yours and your experiences do not matter".
Muso wrote:
True, most likely you would instead become what is commonly known as "dead"; though that seems oddly fitting for a straw man. You are exceedingly unlikely to be otherwise healthy, in the company of otherwise healthy individuals, and be under intense social pressure to occupy the role of a shark.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

desultory wrote:
I have always been somewhat bemused by how both sides of that argument having arguments that boil down to "you need to use the pronouns that I want you to use because I say so, my emotions are more important than yours and your experiences do not matter".

I don't have a problem with delusional people living in their own delusions. It bothers me when I'm forced to participate.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congress is out of control. Spending is now worse than under Bush and Obama. Both parties are spending money they do not have like a crack whore with a stolen credit card. Trump should veto this spending bill, but he won't.

The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.
George Orwell
The Doctor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

desultory wrote:
I have always been somewhat bemused by how both sides of that argument having arguments that boil down to "you need to use the pronouns that I want you to use because I say so, my emotions are more important than yours and your experiences do not matter"
I believe the majority don't want to force anything, they simply object to being forced to use certain vocabulary.

It is also extremely worrying that even science is suppressed when it comes to Tans activism. There have been several very reputable doctors who have questioned it, including the first one to pioneer current treatment and one who showed that certain anti-psychotic drugs would treat gender dysphoria in a case study. These individuals have been shouted down with charges of bigotry without even letting them make their case for why they hold these positions and what data, if any, led them there. When people stop talking fists start flying. We should all be concerned where this leads.

Apologies if I take a while to respond. I'm currently working on the dematerialization circuit for my blue box.
Old School
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sex can be fluid. Gender is not. To deny that is to deny science.

George Orwell
sugar
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
I don't have a problem with delusional people living in their own delusions. It bothers me when I'm forced to participate.

Muso, in the 90s, probably, wrote:
I don't care if you're gay, just don't shove it in my face

Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Doctor wrote:
I believe the majority don't want to force anything, they simply object to being forced to use certain vocabulary.

++

This, exactly.
sugar
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old School wrote:
Sex can be fluid. Gender is not. To deny that is to deny science.

what does this mean?

like, do you mean sex as in 'sexual intercourse' and not, say the biological definition of sex?
desultory
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
Which seems rather counter to your shark example, where you were quite specific in stating that you would not be a shark. While you were strictly correct in stating that you would not be a shark, that statement frames the rest of your argument in light of whether your nature would have changed to that of a shark; not whether you actually felt as though you were a shark beforehand and were expressing that feeling externally, and certainly not that you could not then legitimately insist that others address you as though you were a shark as you had externally expressed your internal state.

Some things to consider: What has come to be known as "misgendering" has long been a common means of deliberately irritating people who are not actually demonstrating signs of gender dysphoria (think of boot camp if this somehow eludes you). It often does so rather notably. People who have actual gender dysphoria (specifically to ignore the attention seeking behavior stereotypical of tumblr) tend to be distinctly more sensitive to such comments, especially if they are deliberate, but even when they are not. Addressing someone using terminology consistent with the gender they physically present is, generally, considered to be common courtesy. Transgendered individuals are, by all accounts, a tiny minority of the population.

I am not arguing for legally compelled speech, that way lies madness, I am however arguing in favor of common courtesy applying generally, not just to people who happen to be strongly co-aligned.

The Doctor wrote:
I agree. I was specifically commenting on those arguing about it (more specifically the relatively extreme ends of each "side"), not those living with it, which seem to be curiously distinct groups on the whole.
The Doctor wrote:
It is also extremely worrying that even science is suppressed when it comes to Tans activism. There have been several very reputable doctors who have questioned it, including the first one to pioneer current treatment and one who showed that certain anti-psychotic drugs would treat gender dysphoria in a case study. These individuals have been shouted down with charges of bigotry without even letting them make their case for why they hold these positions and what data, if any, led them there. When people stop talking fists start flying. We should all be concerned where this leads.
Science has long been secondary to emotional appeals in politics, in most every direction, alas. Though, I suspect that there is no fully general "cure" for being transgendered, given that there are evidently multiple causal factors which appear to be independent. Not to mention how psychopharmacology has "progressed" over time, to the state it is in now where virtually anyone could be considered to "need" psychological remediation. Personally, it seems to me that if people would generally not make such specific, deliberate, effort to offend people with style, rather than substance, that would be a step in the right direction.
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

desultory wrote:
Muso wrote:
Which seems rather counter to your shark example, where you were quite specific in stating that you would not be a shark. While you were strictly correct in stating that you would not be a shark, that statement frames the rest of your argument in light of whether your nature would have changed to that of a shark; not whether you actually felt as though you were a shark beforehand and were expressing that feeling externally, and certainly not that you could not then legitimately insist that others address you as though you were a shark as you had externally expressed your internal state.

This is, fundamentally, a view of the nature of reality. I'm sure there is a whole range of gender feelings that can go from the most masculine male to the most feminine female, but that doesn't change the physical reality of the chromosomes one was born with. I have never had the desire to be a female, and the very idea of it just sounds absurd to me. However, I do recognize that some people have intense conflicts in their minds with regards to their feelings vs their body. A sort of "alien limb syndrome" but of the genitals. The very rare cases of people who legitimately have this condition is sad, but forcing others to speak in a way that is deemed dishonest, and under various penalties, to thereby force society as a whole to give up one of the most basic understandings we have of our own species is absurd. We are a sexually dimorphic species.

While schizophrenia is a recognized condition, there is no political pressure trying to force people to participate in the delusions of the schizophrenic. I absolutely accept that some guy feels like a woman, but I will never accept that he is a woman. That is a mental delusion in conflict with physical reality.
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:

++ :lol:

And even if you have shark hormone therapy and have shark gonads implanted, guess what? Your DNA still says you're not a shark.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: