Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
anyone uses a usb dvb-t2 and can recommand it?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaggyStyle
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject: anyone uses a usb dvb-t2 and can recommand it? Reply with quote

Greetings,

does anyone uses a usb dvb-t2 dongle he can recommend? I have the Geniatech T230 DVB-T2 TV Stick which seems like the fw isn't good enough to receive t2 broadcasting (an netbook with win10 does see it when connected to it.)

Thanks.
gcyoung
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PCTV 292e nanostick works fine for me, except for the dodgy method of connection to the aerial cable. If you don't push your computer around too much it is OK, but the connection very quickly gets loose.

I have just bought a T230 to use as an additional source on my mythtv setup, and am a bit unsure as to the kernel modules to set up for it. You might help me there, if you have managed to get it working.
There is a wiki which gives the firmware requirements, ( https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Geniatech_T230), but it has nothing to say about the kernel modules required.

Incidently, I only bought it because it was so cheap (£27.00) in comparison to the 292e, so you will find you need to pay rather more for another type.
....................................................................................................
Since writing the above I have found the correct kernel module. It is 'dvb_usb_cxusb' and did not show in the gentoo kernel config until I had experimented with various settings. However, I find it is bit slow to tune in to the various stations compared with the 292e, but the picture is quite satisfactory with the main UK tv freeware stations on my setup once it has tuned in.
DaggyStyle
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gcyoung wrote:
The PCTV 292e nanostick works fine for me, except for the dodgy method of connection to the aerial cable. If you don't push your computer around too much it is OK, but the connection very quickly gets loose.

I have just bought a T230 to use as an additional source on my mythtv setup, and am a bit unsure as to the kernel modules to set up for it. You might help me there, if you have managed to get it working.
There is a wiki which gives the firmware requirements, ( https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Geniatech_T230), but it has nothing to say about the kernel modules required.

Incidently, I only bought it because it was so cheap (£27.00) in comparison to the 292e, so you will find you need to pay rather more for another type.
....................................................................................................
Since writing the above I have found the correct kernel module. It is 'dvb_usb_cxusb' and did not show in the gentoo kernel config until I had experimented with various settings. However, I find it is bit slow to tune in to the various stations compared with the 292e, but the picture is quite satisfactory with the main UK tv freeware stations on my setup once it has tuned in.

missed your msg, sorry.
as for modules, dvb_usb_cxusb is the right one to go. just be sure to have the right fw files.

I've decided to go with the WinTV-dualHD model 1590.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: