[SOLVED] Resetting NVidia-drivers
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dspahn
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] Resetting NVidia-drivers Reply with quote

I am running a quadro K610m in KDE using NVidia’s closed-source drivers. When the computer hibernates, it triggers a driver crash that fixes itself within a few seconds, so I’m ok with that. The problem is that the Nvidia driver disables most of itself after every so many crashes. I saw a dialog box appear from the driver on this and that’s how I know that it happens. The problem I now have is that the driver is back in that state and I cannot remember where I went to trigger the reset that turns those features back on- any ideas? I have tried the stable, the ~ and the direct download from NVidia but cannot find it now. Is there a way to set it just to ignore the crash?

Since there is no admin beer, I stick to root beer.

Last edited by dspahn on Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:19 am; edited 2 times in total
dspahn
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:18 am    Post subject: Found it! Reply with quote

For future reference, I was mistaken- What I was looking for can be found under System Settings > Display and Monitor > Compositor.

Since there is no admin beer, I stick to root beer.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: