VLC and CDDB
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GentooUserExtraordinaire
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: VLC and CDDB Reply with quote

If this topic is covered by a previous post, my apologies, I am new to forums in general and my ability to effectively search is lacking.

I am running:
uname -a
Linux Gentoo 4.14.78-gentoo #13 SMP Tue Nov 6 02:33:03 EST 2018 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
My VLC is:
media-video/vlc
Latest version available: 3.0.4
Latest version installed: 3.0.4

When I play CDs or .wav files, I can enter Media Information, but it doesn't get sent to freedb.freedb.org. System settings CDDB Retrieval config has a Submit page and I have entered my email address and selected HTTP for submit method.
Doesn't the media info get saved locally? I have cddb use flag globally in /etc/portage/make.conf
Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to submit the info with a different application?
http://www.freedb.org/en/faq.3.html#21 suggests using Emptytree Seedy or gtcd, but neither are available for Gentoo.
mimosinnet
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: VLC and CDDB Reply with quote

GentooUserExtraordinaire wrote:
When I play CDs or .wav files, I can enter Media Information, but it doesn't get sent to freedb.freedb.org. System settings CDDB Retrieval config has a Submit page and I have entered my email address and selected HTTP for submit method.

Thanks to your post I have discovered CDDB. Have you been able to solve your issue? Have you checked this thread?

Cheers!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: