Failed Cairo build due to libsandbox.so or GNU strings
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
branmun
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject: Failed Cairo build due to libsandbox.so or GNU strings Reply with quote

Hello,

During a system update on an otherwise stable system via `emerge -uND @world`, `x11-libs/cario-1.14.12` failed to build. The most particular thing I found in the log was:

Code:
checking whether float word ordering is bigendian... ERROR: ld.so: object 'libsandbox.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
/usr/bin/strings: 'conftest': No such file
ERROR: ld.so: object 'libsandbox.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
/usr/bin/strings: 'conftest': No such file
unknown
configure: error:

Unknown float word ordering. You need to manually preset
ax_cv_c_float_words_bigendian=no (or yes) according to your system.

Searching the web yielded few results. Apparently SELinux is known to cause the libsandbox issue, however I am only using AppArmor. I've tried rebuilding binutils for the strings issue, as well as rebuilding sandbox. I've also tried disabling the sandbox and usersandbox portage features, however I still got the strings error (but not the libsandbox.so error). The error persists for version 1.16.0 of cairo as well. Actually, I'm somewhat inclined to think that the primary cause is strings and conftest, but I have very little else to go on. Anyone have any information on what sort of thing can cause such a thing, or how I could go about debugging this?

Thanks!
build.log: https://pastebin.com/1GMk5cJL
emerge --info:https://pastebin.com/PVh5pm2h
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: Welcome to gentoo forum!

Here a similar problem (4 year old), it's possible that your problem is related of your LDFLAGS?

Your
Code:
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro"

Code:
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"

branmun
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for responding!

Unfortunately the error persists when I remove the additions I made to LDFLAGS. Other then regularly updating (approximately weekly), I've made no changes to my system since I installed it 10 months ago. Whatever changed was an update in the past few days.

I tried bootstrapping the system with the bootstrap script. Other then it not being able to find zlib without the whole pakage name (sys-apps/zlib). The first time I run the bootstrap script it complained that the minizip USE flag was not set, even though it is indeed set. Running the bootstrap script again (making no changes to the system), it comes out with a completely different error, that dev-qt/qtgui-5.11.1 has unmet requirements saying that any of eglfs or xcb need to be set. Again, making no changes to the system, running the bootstrap script a third time, it claims it works and asks me to run `emerge -e system`. emerge complains that I need to add qtgui-5.11.2 need to be added to keywords, and adding that make emerge complain about a bunch of other Qt packages needing to be added to keywords. Adding them all results in dependencies that portage cannot resolve. Unfortunately my computers in a broken state so I cannot copy and paste the output. Eventually I tried the command `emerge -uND --with-bdeps=y --emptytree @world`, but it fails to build the package kdeiconthemes due to an undefined reference to something within the KDE framework.

I'm really not sure what changed to so severely mess things up, especially since it's been a very stable system up until the update today. The computer was just being used for watching TV on its web browser for the past few months.

What is the easiest option for a random and deep portage break? Is there s more powerful version of `emerge -uND --with-bdeps=y --emptytree @world` that I can use?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: