Why was my [facebook] account disabled?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
e3k
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:03 pm    Post subject: Why was my [facebook] account disabled? Reply with quote

Your account must list your authentic name.

Personal accounts must represent individual people only. It's a violation of our policies to use a personal profile to represent anything other than yourself (ex: celebrities, pets, ideas, objects, etc.).

Impersonating anyone or anything is not allowed.

Maintaining multiple accounts is a violation of our policies.

Accounts created for the purpose of spamming or harassing others are strictly prohibited.
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a blessing
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
that's a blessing
++
HungGarTiger
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry they'll be maintaining a private shadow profile for you. You can be safe in the knowledge that although your account was disabled or deleted, you're still on their service.

Happy days!
Muso
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of my facebook accounts are socks under fake names using emails under fake names.

It took 2 years before facebook asked for the government issued ID of "Ivana Jakov". So that sock is now dead :(

Kindness Evokes Kindness

Peace Emits Positive Energy
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muso wrote:
All of my facebook accounts are socks under fake names using emails under fake names.

It took 2 years before facebook asked for the government issued ID of "Ivana Jakov". So that sock is now dead :(
:lol: :lol: :lol:
wswartzendruber
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried registering as something like "Sniekleheimer Snarksalot" and it wouldn't let me. :(
Ammunition: Federal Premium HST 124gr
Light: Inforce APLc
e3k
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
that's a blessing

that was a fake account where the registration was stuck at the point where i should give them my phone number. it was months in this state.. and then they deleted it. My previous facebook account is still alive although i don't know the password and resetting is not an option as i did not give them my phone number and the email was deactivated due to no action in one year...

i just wanted to create a channel on facebook where i would post amateur meteorologic rain forecast based on radar screening.

i am off the facebook addiction for more than 5 years now. but still they almost got me again.

it is a blessing as you say ;)
Anon-E-moose
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facebook is beyond ridiculous.

From slashdot:
Quote:
An anonymous reader quotes a report from The Verge:
For years, Facebook has publicly positioned its Messenger application as a way to connect with friends and as a way to help customers interact directly with businesses. But a new report from The Wall Street Journal today indicates that Facebook also saw its Messenger platform as a siphon for the sensitive financial data of its users, information it would not otherwise have access to unless a customer interacted with, say, a banking institution over chat. In this case, the WSJ report says not only did the banks find Facebook's methods obtrusive, but the companies also pushed back against the social network and, in some cases, moved conversations off Messenger to avoid handing Facebook any sensitive data. Among the financial firms Facebook is said to have argued with about customer data are American Express, Bank of America, and Wells Fargo.

The report says Facebook was interested in helping banks create bots for its Messenger platform, as part of a big push in 2016 to turn the chat app into an automated hub of digital life that could help you solve problems and avoid cumbersome customer service calls. But some of these bots, like the one American Express developed for Messenger last year, deliberately avoided sending transaction information over the platform after Facebook made clear it wanted to use customer spending habits as part of its ad targeting business. In some cases, companies like PayPal and Western Union negotiated special contracts that would let them offer many detailed and useful services like money transfers, the WSJ reports. But by and large, big banks in the U.S. have reportedly shied away from working with Facebook due to how aggressively it pushed for access to customer data.

Facebook said in a statement to The Wall Street Journal: "Like many online companies, we partner with financial institutions to improve people's commerce experiences, like enabling better customer service, and people opt into these experiences. We've emphasized to partners that keeping people's information safe and secure is critical to these efforts. That has been and always will be our priority."

:roll:
4.14.62 kernel, profile 17.0 (no-pie) amd64-no-multilib
gcc 4.9.4 & 7.3.0, eudev, openrc, openbox, palemoon
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: