Spotify and CURL_GNUTLS_3
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
szczerb
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Spotify and CURL_GNUTLS_3 Reply with quote

Hi,
so I just very recently made a fresh install on a new computer and eveything went really smooth (well except elogind needed for Wayland, but breaking bluez and pulseaudio for now...that's another story) besides Spotify crashing with a SEGFAULT on playback.

So ldd shows that I'm missing CURLwith GNUTLS3. The default flag for curl was to use openssl, so I changed it and now have it built with gnutls, but the effect is the same.

Code:
# ldd /opt/spotify/spotify-client/spotify | grep -i curl
/opt/spotify/spotify-client/spotify: /usr/lib64/libcurl.so.4: no version information available (required by /opt/spotify/spotify-client/spotify)
        libcurl.so.4 => /usr/lib64/libcurl.so.4 (0x00007f4c5da8a000)

Code:
# ldd -v /opt/spotify/spotify-client/spotify | grep -i gnutls
        libgnutls.so.30 => /usr/lib64/libgnutls.so.30 (0x00007fe2e0129000)
                libcurl.so.4 (CURL_GNUTLS_3) => not found
                libgnutls.so.30 (GNUTLS_3_4) => /usr/lib64/libgnutls.so.30
        /usr/lib64/libgnutls.so.30:

I've found different workaround for kinda similar problems with older versions, but none apply.

Any ideas?

[Moderator edit: fixed [code] tags. Code tags are written with brackets, not braces, and require different forms for open and close. Please preview your posts and fix your tags before posting. -Hu]
mir3x
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me its working, my outputs:
ldd -v /opt/spotify/spotify-client/spotify | grep -i gnutls
Code:

(first one ldd posted by you is the same)

curl flags (7.61.0) :
Code:
ipv6 ldap ssl

openssl flags(1.0.2p):
Code:
asm gmp  sslv3 tls-heartbeat zlib

gnutls (3.5.19):
Code:
cxx idn nls openssl seccomp tls-hearbeat zlib

spotify is 1.0.88-r1

You need dbus to run spotify. Mb it crashes when posting something on dbus. Try spotify without libnotify ?
Juippisi
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:

# ldd /opt/spotify/spotify-client/spotify | grep -i curl
/opt/spotify/spotify-client/spotify: /usr/lib64/libcurl.so.4: no version information available (required by /opt/spotify/spotify-client/spotify)
   libcurl.so.4 => /usr/lib64/libcurl.so.4 (0x00007f0789cf9000)

Code:

# ldd -v /opt/spotify/spotify-client/spotify | grep -i gnutls

Getting same reads, but spotify still works. Sounds like there's a problem with your audio output somewhere.

Code:

[ebuild   R    ] media-sound/spotify-1.0.88-r1::gentoo  USE="libnotify pulseaudio -pax_kernel -systray" 0 KiB
[ebuild   R    ] net-misc/curl-7.61.1::gentoo  USE="ssl threads -adns -brotli -http2 -idn -ipv6 -kerberos -ldap -metalink -rtmp -samba -ssh -static-libs -test" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" CURL_SSL="openssl -axtls -gnutls -libressl -mbedtls -nss (-winssl)" 0 KiB
[ebuild   R    ] dev-libs/openssl-1.0.2p::gentoo  USE="asm sslv3 tls-heartbeat zlib -bindist -gmp -kerberos -rfc3779 -sctp -sslv2 -static-libs -test -vanilla" ABI_X86="32 (64) (-x32)" CPU_FLAGS_X86="(sse2)" 0 KiB

Also if you have things like FLTO, graphite or -03 enabled, then disable them for openssl and curl.
szczerb
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replies. I'll check the gnutls and openssl flags later when I get a free moment.

One thing that is kinda peculiar about my setup is the lack of pulseaudio. Everything, including spotify, is built with -pulseaudio because I didn't have the time to apply the elogind patch for pulseaudio in a local ebuild yet. I needed to set this machine up fast to start working, so I'm using bare ALSA for now. Maybe that's the actual issue.
bunder
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having segfaults too with spotify-1.0.88+. I talked to the package maintainer and he asked me to file https://bugs.gentoo.org/665696

I'm not so certain its a curl issue but spotify-1.0.80 should be fine.

also, no pulseaudio here.

banned from #gentoo since sept 2017
szczerb
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunder, a big thank you is in order. The downgrade fixed it.

And sorry about the wrong code tags. Didn't post in a while and was in a hurry.

If you'd want me to post anything from my system in the bug report, just let me know.

mir3x, I do have dbus working fine. I'm on full Plasma desktop on Wayland with elogind, so I'd definitely notice dbus problems.

Juippisi, no fancy optimization here. Just O2 and pipe. It's my only work laptop, so I really can't be to adventurous with it :)

All in all, I suppose that the lack of pulseaudio is the problem here and past CURL problems that showed up in google just steered me the wrong way. I'll verify that as soon as I find the time to get pulseaudio working (thankfully someone already did the actual work https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/Cogitri/pulseaudio/commit/6aec1e44507b1a55cfd76db3497bd27583f87b4a).
<3
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi I just wanted to chime in since I was having the same issue as the op, when I ran spotify it was giving me the same curl error so I was confused because I clearly have the libcurl libraries on my system, turns out the issue was due to pulseaudio which I uninstalled a few weeks ago and masked it in package.mask because for some reason it kept creeping back onto my system. I now realize that spotify was the culprit and that curl error message has something to do with spotify requiring pulseaudo to work properly, (apulse does not seem to work). I hope this helps.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: