jack mixer
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fxkrait
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject: jack mixer Reply with quote

I'm looking for a jack mixer that can control the volume of individual applications using jack.

EX: I'm running ncmcpp (music player), and mpv. I would like to reduce the volume of ncmcpp, and keep everything at max volume.

I'm currently using alsamixer, but it only has one master mixer for everything.

I've looking at jack_mixer, and non mixer, but they are too complicated to build, and one requires qt4 and other outdated software.

Tips?
A great painter does not content himself by affecting us with his masterpieces; ultimately, he succeeds in changing the landscape of our minds. Once a miniaturist's artistry enters our souls this way, it becomes the criterion for the beauty of our world.
fxkrait
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, so non mixer definitely solves this problem.

You have to emerge ntk, then you can build it from the git repo like normal.

It gives me a separate mixer that's I can manually route in catia, for each application.

If anyone has other recommendations on better solutions, as well as has to save my catia routing I would love to hear it.
A great painter does not content himself by affecting us with his masterpieces; ultimately, he succeeds in changing the landscape of our minds. Once a miniaturist's artistry enters our souls this way, it becomes the criterion for the beauty of our world.
fxkrait
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I will use this thread for documentation for others as well.

You can have mpd, automatically connect to your custom mixer.

Change your .config/mpd/mpd.conf destination port from the default master system mixer to the one you added. EX:
destination_ports "Non-Mixer/ncmpcpp:in-1,Non-Mixer/ncmpcpp:in-2"

Use Cadence and Catia to find out the routing and to manually route the audio.

I'm still unsure how to have other applications be loaded into their respective custom mixers, but for now having at least my music on a separate mixer is good enough.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: