Portaged update and python trouble...
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Great_Sephiroth
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Portaged update and python trouble... Reply with quote

I am working on a system I only see every three or four months. I am trying to update This system but cannot get started for some odd reason.
Code:

dc01 ~ # emerge -1 --autounmask-backtrack=y --backtrack=128 portage

* IMPORTANT: 1 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
 * Use eselect news read to view new items.

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  N     ] app-crypt/openpgp-keys-gentoo-release-20180706  USE="{-test}"
[ebuild  N     ] dev-libs/npth-1.3  USE="-static-libs"
[ebuild  N     ] app-eselect/eselect-lib-bin-symlink-0.1.1
[ebuild  N     ] app-eselect/eselect-pinentry-0.7
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/bz2file-0.98  PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 (-pypy)"
[ebuild     U  ] dev-libs/libgpg-error-1.29 [1.27-r1]
[ebuild  N     ] dev-libs/libassuan-2.5.1  USE="-static-libs"
[ebuild  N     ] dev-libs/libksba-1.3.5-r1  USE="-static-libs"
[ebuild  NS    ] dev-lang/python-3.6.5 [2.7.14-r1, 3.5.4-r1] USE="gdbm ipv6 ncurses readline ssl (threads) xml -build -examples -hardened -libressl -sqlite {-test} -tk -wininst"
[ebuild  N     ] app-crypt/pinentry-1.0.0-r2  USE="ncurses -caps -emacs -gnome-keyring -gtk -qt5 -static"
[ebuild  N     ] net-misc/curl-7.61.0  USE="ipv6 ldap samba ssl threads -adns -brotli -http2 -idn -kerberos -metalink -rtmp -ssh -static-libs {-test}" CURL_SSL="openssl -axtls -gnutls -libressl -mbedtls -nss (-winssl)"
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/backports-1.0  PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-pypy) (-pypy3) -python3_4 -python3_5 (-python3_7)"
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/backports-lzma-0.0.10  USE="{-test}" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 (-pypy)"
[ebuild  N     ] app-crypt/gnupg-2.2.8  USE="bzip2 ldap nls readline smartcard ssl -doc (-selinux) -tofu -tools -usb -wks-server"
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/setuptools-36.7.2  USE="{-test}" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-pypy) (-pypy3) -python3_4 -python3_5"
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/certifi-2018.4.16  PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-pypy) (-pypy3) -python3_4 -python3_5 (-python3_7)"
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/pyblake2-1.1.2  PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-pypy) (-pypy3) -python3_4 -python3_5 (-python3_7)"
[ebuild  N     ] dev-python/pyxattr-0.6.0-r1  USE="-doc {-test}" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-pypy) -python3_4 -python3_5 (-python3_7)"
[ebuild  N     ] app-portage/gemato-13.0-r1  USE="blake2 bzip2 gpg lzma -sha3 {-test} -tools" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_6 (-pypy) -python3_4 -python3_5"
[ebuild     U  ] sys-apps/portage-2.3.40-r1 [2.3.24-r1] USE="rsync-verify*" PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_6* -python3_5*"

!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

sys-apps/portage:0

(sys-apps/portage-2.3.40-r1:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    sys-apps/portage (Argument)

(sys-apps/portage-2.3.24-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    sys-apps/portage[python_targets_pypy(-)?,python_targets_python2_7(-)?,python_targets_python3_4(-)?,python_targets_python3_5(-)?,python_targets_python3_6(-)?,-python_single_target_pypy(-),-python_single_target_python2_7(-),-python_single_target_python3_4(-),-python_single_target_python3_5(-),-python_single_target_python3_6(-)] required by (app-portage/gentoolkit-0.4.0:0/0::gentoo, installed)

It may be possible to solve this problem by using package.mask to
prevent one of those packages from being selected. However, it is also
possible that conflicting dependencies exist such that they are
impossible to satisfy simultaneously.  If such a conflict exists in
the dependencies of two different packages, then those packages can
not be installed simultaneously.

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man
page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

I know it has SOMETHING to do with the python updates but I am not sure what I need to do to make it go through. There are only six or seven packages which need updating, but portage needs to be updated and that is my hold-up. This is a shell-only server which runs Samba as a DC, BIND for DNS, and ISC-DHCP for addresses. I am about to add OpenVPN to it. Either way, what can I do to get this process started?
fedeliallalinea
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You tried before with
Code:
# emerge -UD --with-bdeps y @world

for update all installed package to pyton3.6 target?
The_Great_Sephiroth
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. When it failed I tried the command above. However, I just synced again and now it has a solution, and a new kernel! I'm going to update just the kernel, microcode, and firmware, build it and install it, then see if the rest is good.
Hu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dependency graph error is the key. It tells you that you tried to install a Portage that would fail to satisfy the requirements of the installed app-portage/gentoolkit. Your choices are: (1) install a compatible app-portage/gentoolkit at the same time (often just a matter of authorizing Portage to install it) or (2) remove app-portage/gentoolkit.

This particular failure comes up every time PYTHON_TARGETS changes, because app-portage/gentoolkit requires a Portage installed with matching PYTHON_TARGETS, presumably so that app-portage/gentoolkit can import modules installed by Portage.
The_Great_Sephiroth
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd, I did not have this issue with my personal laptop, but it gets updated bi-weekly or at least monthly. I will remove it and add it back later. Thank you for the tip!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: