Blender Video Editing: Bleeding frame replacement
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainBlood
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Blender Video Editing: Bleeding frame replacement Reply with quote

HI,
In the video I'm editing, a frame has a bleeding portion, whereas the previous & the next frame are fine.
Is there a way to compute an intermediary frame from two others, aimed for a replacement?
Thks 4 ur attention.
oreo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you asking a question about blender? (The CAD) If so, this seems a little off topic for the gentoo forums. You'll probably find more immediate advice elsewhere on the internet. Try the forums listed on blenders site. (https://www.blender.org/community/)

Although, I use blender regularly I'll give this a try.

Just so I understand: You have a video clip in blender which has an unusable frame. You need to replace that frame with something.

As far as I know there is know way to realistically calculate a subframe of a video. So you basically have a couple of solutions:
1. Re-shoot the clip.
2. Delete the frame. If it's only one frame it shouldn't be noticeable, but that also depends on the frame rate of the clip.
3. Use the frame immediately before or after the unusable frame. Again it shouldn't be too noticeable.

You could try doing some fancy scaling and cropping on one of the adjacent frames to use as the replacement frame but that just depends on the motion of the camera, and the content of the clip. But doing that might just end up looking weirder than just dropping the frame all together. (Hence why this is not really presented as an option.)

Hope this helps! :-) Happy blending!

EDIT: lol just realized how long ago this was. Hope this helps anyone with the same issue. (Which is highly unlikely.)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: