View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrbassie
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: rtcw Reply with quote

I got games-fps/rtcw to install (gentoo overlay), copied the .pk3 files over etc.

The game loads with primus, the intro video plays (with sound) but when I press a key or mouse button I get straight to the ingame console and all I can do is quit.
Anyone run into something like this? Haven't had any luck with the googlywebz.
OldTango
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: rtcw Reply with quote

mrbassie wrote:
I got games-fps/rtcw to install (gentoo overlay), copied the .pk3 files over etc.

The game loads with primus, the intro video plays (with sound) but when I press a key or mouse button I get straight to the ingame console and all I can do is quit.

Not sure what you mean by (gentoo overlay), or what primus is however several older games like this that I have ran in the very recent past have worked well. I had quake3-bin installed and working with mods until recently. Now the game starts up loads intros then just quits. It exits with Received signal 11, exiting... . Quake3-bin worked great but something has broke in the last few months and now it fails to even run anymore. I have switched to quake3 which is an ioquake3 port and it dose run well.

FWIW: I installed rtcw-demo as a test and ran it without success. Game started, I had no sound at all, intro videos played but as soon as the mission was suppose to start the game exited with:
Code:

AAS initialized.
AAS initialized.
Received signal 11, exiting...
Shutdown tty console
The same error I recently started getting with the quake3-bin package. Here is a Bug Report for rtcw-1.41 which seems to be addressed in the latest ebuild in portage.

I am not sure what has caused these types of games to break recently. Debugging them is difficult and it may be impossible to find anyone with any real interest in locating and fixing the issues.
Can't seem to get any original games based on the id Tech 3 engine to run any more.
mrbassie
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: rtcw Reply with quote

OldTango wrote:

Not sure what you mean by (gentoo overlay),

https://gpo.zugaina.org/Overlays/gentoo
Quote:
or what primus is

bumblebee (for optimus)
Quote:

however several older games like this that I have ran in the very recent past have worked well. I had quake3-bin installed and working with mods until recently. Now the game starts up loads intros then just quits. It exits with Received signal 11, exiting... . Quake3-bin worked great but something has broke in the last few months and now it fails to even run anymore. I have switched to quake3 which is an ioquake3 port and it dose run well.

FWIW: I installed rtcw-demo as a test and ran it without success. Game started, I had no sound at all, intro videos played but as soon as the mission was suppose to start the game exited with:
Code:

AAS initialized.
AAS initialized.
Received signal 11, exiting...
Shutdown tty console
The same error I recently started getting with the quake3-bin package. Here is a Bug Report for rtcw-1.41 which seems to be addressed in the latest ebuild in portage.

I am not sure what has caused these types of games to break recently. Debugging them is difficult and it may be impossible to find anyone with any real interest in locating and fixing the issues.
Can't seem to get any original games based on the id Tech 3 engine to run any more.

Thanks for replying to an old post, I'll give it another try and report back if I'm successful.
ayleid96
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: rtcw Reply with quote

mrbassie wrote:

Go to github and get "iortcw" engine, more modern, SDL2, OpenAL, 64bit support etc..
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: