bluez not detecting my home theater bluetooth
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abduct
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject: bluez not detecting my home theater bluetooth Reply with quote

I am trying to get my laptop to connect to my home theater system via bluetooth. My phone can see the home theater system and sync to it so I know it is working. My laptop can see my phone when I set it to pair mode so I know the laptop is working.

But no matter what I try I can't get the laptop to detect the home theater system.

Is there steps or more information I can provide to help troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks.
Sir Platypus
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean when you say it can't detect the home theater system? Does bluetooth work with other devices, and this one is an exception? What are you using to try to connect? Is it a graphical bluetooth manager or is it a command line utility like bluetoothctl? Are the correct kernel modules included and the service has been started already?
abduct
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My setup is using bluetoothctl on a laptop. The bluetooth service is started and I can see my phone listed as a pairable device when searching for my home theater system. Because my phone shows up I assume my bluetooth setup is functioning normally.

My phone can find and connect to my denon AVR-S740H home theater system over bluetooth but when trying to use my laptop with bluetoothctl the denon home theater system is never listed no matter how many times I try to scan for the device.

I am not sure if there is a minimum bluetooth version required to connect to my home theater system, nor what the maximum supported version my laptops hardware supports.

My phone has Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, EDR, LE and from what I can find online my laptop has what I believe to be a internal bluetooth adapter on the usb bus (as per lsusb). I am not sure how to get detailed information about it.

I am not sure what other information I can provide about the hardware.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: